Sydenham Mews

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
multisync

Sydenham Mews

Post by multisync »

Well I believe that's what they call the street that runs behind sydenham road between Mayo Road and Queensthorpe. Just lately it has been cleaned up considerably.Possibly de to the different coloured bags LBL have dished out to residential properties and commercial properties.There is not so much fly tipping as there used to be. But people have been seen to throw there rubbish from there windows into the rear of William Hill also leaving big bags of "food rubbish" on the rear access stairs. Where are the enviroment people when you need them. When some people try to recycle and do what they can and others jist don't give a s---!!!!
Chris Best

Clean up day Friday 11 June 10 am - 2pm

Post by Chris Best »

The space is called Earlsthorpe Mews and a Capital Standards clean up is taking place this Friday between 10am and 2pm. I recently had a meeting with local residents and traders to discuss this private space and what improvements could be made. Several years ago we were awarded a grant for some gates to the Mews and these were ordered with the agreement of residents. Unfortunately there were some objections to resisticting access to this private roadway and the gates were never fitted. There is now some money in the residents and traders bank account to look at what improvements can now be made by getting everyone together and discussing the issues.
multisync

Post by multisync »

What was decided during these discussions with traders and residents?
So gates were ordered and not installed, were they paid for.If so waste of money.
This "Mews" could do with improving.Firstly if needs resurfacing the Earlsthorpe end is fine but between Musti's and Slatters it's a dirt track and in the winter it becomes a mud track and quite horrible for those that use it as a main entrance to the flats above the shops.Also a little lighting wouldn't go amiss.
Something really needs to be done!
southernmoose

Sydenham Mews

Post by southernmoose »

Hi multisync,

I agree that something needs to be done. A group of us have plugging away at this for the past year or so (although several others before us were also actively involved on this issue), and started a Campaign called 'Live In It' to address some of the problems associated with the Mews which are due in part to them being 'jointly and severally owned'. Things have moved on slightly since the last blog entry, but you can read more here: http://sydenhammews.blog.com/

Nothing very conclusive came out of the last joint traders/residents meeting but options for lighting, CCTV, tarmacing etc were all discussed. Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like more info.