Police cars blocked off Kirkdale tonight

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tadpole

Police cars blocked off Kirkdale tonight

Post by Tadpole »

When My husband got home from work at 8ish the police had cars across the roundabout to block off access to Kirkdale and the same at the junction with Collingtree Road.
Anyone know what happened?
K_Jay

Re: Police cars blocked off Kirkdale tonight

Post by K_Jay »

Yes, a fairly serious accident took place on Kirkdale immediately in front of the petrol station. A young male riding a black scooter with L-plates was apparently hit by a car and he sustained injuries as a result. When I arrived on foot at around 7.45pm the police had already cleared the area of traffic and Kirkdale had been cordoned off. Not sure exactly what happened but more details will emerge.
stone-penge

Re: Police cars blocked off Kirkdale tonight

Post by stone-penge »

The way some of these L plated scooters are ridden by some kids around here Im not surprised: Weaving in between traffic and pulling wheelies barley in control down the middle of the road into oncoming traffic are some of the driving antics I've seen recently.
I have no idea if the incident yesterday was a result of reckless driving of course, its dangerous enough riding in a sensible and defensive manner with decades of experience.