Planning - CAB unit change of use to restaurant

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dogkennel

Planning - CAB unit change of use to restaurant

Post by dogkennel »

Apologies if this has been mentioned on other planning / Nando's unit topics or public consultation, but I've not seen it.

I'd commented on the Nando's site use, so that may be why I'd received a letter from Lewisham with the proposals for the adjacent former Citizens Advice Bureau unit, for a change of use to a restaurant, and installation of an extraction flue on the roof.

I'd left it a while to go on and check, and the deadline for written comments ins 17 April.

Via Lewisham planning page - http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-applications/ - search for application 18/105882

There isn't a planning statement as such, but there is a Service Management Plan which says this has been prepared taking into account the permission for the adjacent Nando's site, and which goes into a fair amount of detail about the proposals and servicing requirements. Various other plans and elevations and a heritage statement.

I won't spoil anyone's surprise about the proposed use. I encourage you to go and look, and remember to make any comments to Lewisham rather than on here!
mkoala

Re: Planning - CAB unit change of use to restaurant

Post by mkoala »

Thanks for this

Am I right in thinking there will be 2 separate restaurants if agreed?

One in the old wedding shop and one in the CAB

I had just assumed the Nandos was going to take up both spaces.

I for one am excited by the re-use of an empty shop although saddened by the loss of a CAB - when they are already so thin on the ground in an climate where they are ever more needed
dogkennel

Post by dogkennel »

I think - though can't be sure - that the Nando's application (case 17/100519 if others better qualified can check) did include both the former wedding dress shop and the CAB - that address was for 301-303 Kirkdale.

The address for this new application is 299-301 Kirkdale. I don't know where or how the former CAB and wedding shop were subdivided.

So it may be that this new application is just for part of the Nando's application, but for which a separate new application has to be made. I've not checked the numbers in the Servicing Plan to see if the same amount of servicing / cycle spaces is the same or been altered - over to others!
Tykesthorpe

Post by Tykesthorpe »

From the look of it it's a different company on the application form - Roseview (London) limited as opposed to Nandos Chickenshop limited so doesn't look like part of that enterprise. Looking at companies House, the parent company is turnhold properties limited, a real estate developer, so there may be no one ready to take place right away.
parker

Post by parker »

It’s going to be a Mamma Dough pizza restaurant

http://mammadough.co.uk
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

parker wrote:It’s going to be a Mamma Dough pizza restaurant

http://mammadough.co.uk
Great news if so. Love Pizza. How do you know?
Larky

Post by Larky »

Fab - sounds good
appletree

Post by appletree »

Wow, really? Mama Dough would be fab.
butters

Post by butters »

Ooooh this is exciting!
prince

Post by prince »

It is absolutely fantastic news that Mama Dough wants to set up in sydenham and take up this unit.

For information, the confirmation is in the Service Management Plan, which specifically mentions Nandos and Mama dough.

If you want them to be here, please support the application in writing!
Growsydenham

Post by Growsydenham »

I’ve emailed the council to support. A real boost to the area.

The Syd Soc AGM was told the society supports the pizza place. There are also plans to introduce housing to the rest of the office building.
Newtosydenham

Post by Newtosydenham »

This is such great news!
SydLowe

Post by SydLowe »

Have also written to the council stating my support. Very encouraging news.

Now we just need something to replace the old snooker hall
prince

Post by prince »

I’ve written in to support the application. Best of luck to them and I hope they don’t face the same uphill struggle as Nandos did in securing consent
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Now if only some sort of eaterie or 2 would take the KFH space we will start to see a fantastic entertaininment hub at the top of the high street.
parker

Post by parker »

prince wrote:It is absolutely fantastic news that Mama Dough wants to set up in sydenham and take up this unit.

For information, the confirmation is in the Service Management Plan, which specifically mentions Nandos and Mama dough.

If you want them to be here, please support the application in writing!
I like to think of it as the Nando effect. The rippling effect we’re seeing is exactly what was desired and are now seeing it happen in front of our eyes.
Steveofsyd wrote:Now if only some sort of eaterie or 2 would take the KFH space we will start to see a fantastic entertaininment hub at the top of the high street.
I will be very disappointed if KFH go ahead with that unit. While some things are worth waiting for they have had so long to move in that I now want something a lot better for that space.
JRW

Post by JRW »

Brilliant news, and particularly that the developers are co-operation to enable deliveries and services to the CAB conversion.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a similar spirit was encouraged in redeveloping the rest of the block. The entrance slope down to Zanzibar would have made a great place for deliveries, and avoid affecting local parking.

For the moment though, this is a great result, and all thanks to the Sydenham Society for their efforts.
prince

Post by prince »

JRW wrote:Brilliant news, and particularly that the developers are co-operation to enable deliveries and services to the CAB conversion.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a similar spirit was encouraged in redeveloping the rest of the block. The entrance slope down to Zanzibar would have made a great place for deliveries, and avoid affecting local parking.

For the moment though, this is a great result, and all thanks to the Sydenham Society for their efforts.
Yes it’s great news JRW. Interested that it is thanks to the Sydenham Society. What was this their role in this?
simon

Post by simon »

"I will be very disappointed if KFH go ahead with that unit. While some things are worth waiting for they have had so long to move in that I now want something a lot better for that space."

To be honest, I don't think that KFH will move in there now. The whole sector is under a lot of pressure and I think they would have moved in already once it was clear that the Greyhound was actually going to reopen.
JRW

Post by JRW »

Dear Prince,
Just because the don't tell you the minutiae, doesn't mean the Syd society isn't doing stuff. We're you at the agm?