Sydenham School major demolition and reconstruction

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Annie.

Re: Sydenham School major demolition and reconstruction

Post by Annie. »

Fair enough, what you have written you have written,
ps did you like my suggestion for your Olympic song?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Annie. wrote: ps did you like my suggestion for your Olympic song?
On that weird thread started by Tim Lund? Sorry, totally beyond me, I'm afraid.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Oh? I thought you would enjoy it.
Its a bit of fun thats all.
I wish you well with the Olympics.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
marymck

Post by marymck »

Oh Robin - are you singing at the Olympics? How lovely! I totally misunderstood what the thread was about, so I hope my cynical suggestion didn't offend you. I'll take it off if it does. Good luck & hope you enjoy your day.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

marymck wrote:Oh Robin - are you singing at the Olympics? How lovely! I totally misunderstood what the thread was about, so I hope my cynical suggestion didn't offend you. I'll take it off if it does. Good luck & hope you enjoy your day.
Not at the Olympics, but, as the enterprising and indefatigable (some might say nosy?) Mr Lund has somehow or other found out, I plan to be one of a contingent from the Lewisham Choral Society serenading (mattinading?) the Torch (© LOCOG, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, whoever) in its majestic and (no doubt) heart-warming progress past St Laurence's Church on Bromley Road in Catford at 8.30 am tomorrow morning.

Don't worry, Mary, I rarely take offence and (I'm ashamed to say) positively relish cynicism. But thanks for your good wishes anyway.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Just had a letter through the door warning us that the work is due to start on 19 July, that there will be 'some heavy and noisy' work on the school site, that 'there will be delivery vehicle movements through local roads, which we appreciate this (sic) may impact at times on you and your family's environment' and that 'we have no enforcing powers to prevent some people from parking outside your homes.'

Ah well. The letter is headed 'Costain' and signed 'Clive Kraus, Senior Project Manager, Sydenham School'. No telephone number or email address, which doesn't give a very good impression.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I live opposite Forest Hill boys school and survived their new school build without too much inconvenience. And the view is so much improved, it was worth it!
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Thanks, Rachael, that's reassuring. Though I must say I find the fact that the re-building and attendant disruption is going to last for three years (according to the Costain letter) rather bad news.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

It might be a good sign, Robin. The more carefully they do it, the longer it takes. They will have to do it in stages to allow the school to stay open.