Flood @ Sydenham High Street (29-Jun-1907)

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
cathanderson

Re: Flood @ Sydenham High Street (29-Jun-1907)

Post by cathanderson »

Hi Greyhoundman

We have been researching my father's family tree as his father died when he was young and he knew very little about that side of the famil. His uncle was George Thomas Tye and we have copies of some old adverts from a 1910 Sydenham guide book which include photos. I'd be happy to send you copies and the other info we've gleaned about the family.
How are you related to George Thomas Tye?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
cathanderson
Greyhoundman wrote:Hi All
Just registered.
One of my relatives George Thomas Tye, his wife Sarah Francis Tye lived at number 28 Sydenham High Street in 1911.
They had a daughter Edith, Son George and twins Frederick and Edward.
George Thomas Tye was a Carriage Builder, Engineer and employer, so guess he had a workshop nearby.
Does anyone have info on a carriage works in Sydenham??
Thanks in advance.
Greyhoundman.
Eddiekillick1

Re: Flood @ Sydenham High Street (29-Jun-1907)

Post by Eddiekillick1 »

I think your referring to my Grandad who's name was Arthur Killick brother to Rowland who lived in Porthcawe rd Sydenham.my father is still alive (Stanley Killick) according to my fathers marriage certificate Arthur was listed as a Labourer, my father said he worked for Lewisham council but was rarely at work concentrating on his other unofficial job as a general dealer which also included buying and selling horses at auction at the Elephant and castle which were then stabled at the bottom of the garden until they were nursed back to good health and fit enough for work again. During the war years and just after he apparently made good money at this sideline.
Regards
Eddie