Relinque Road Bell Green Lower Sydenhan.

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
DRAGON

Relinque Road Bell Green Lower Sydenhan.

Post by DRAGON »

I lived in the prefab put up after the war until they were demolished (No 1 Relinque Road, on the corner oposite the school.) I remember the people next door were named Hollis and they moved to somewhere in Sydenham nearer Crystal Palace end. We moved to Lewisham area and lost all contact with people in that area. I would be interested to know of anyone on the forum who lived in that road during that period. My name is TULLY. My mother lived with here family in the block of houses that was bombed oposite our prefab and her name was originally OVERALL. I live in North Wales now.
stabitha4

Relinque Road

Post by stabitha4 »

Hi, My father George Allen lived at 7 Relinque road and moved in 1936 to Reading with his family I think he had a friend called Hollis and they went to Haseltine School. His brothers were Alec, Arthur,Horace,Frank,Jack, Will,Pat and his sisters were Adelaide & Elsie. Does this name ring any bells with anyone?
alanh

Post by alanh »

Family lived just round the corner in 80 Porthcawe Road, but know my aunt Cis (Florence Stevens, nee Humphries) lived there, not sure of the number tho
stabitha4

The Allen/Baldwins

Post by stabitha4 »

Does your aunt remember the ALLENS/BALDWINS,Alanh? From 1920 to 1936
alanh

Post by alanh »

don't know , she died two years ago so not able to ask, i'll try my mum, see if she remembers
stabitha4

Allens/Baldwins

Post by stabitha4 »

Sorry to hear that Alanh,
rolyevans

Post by rolyevans »

alanh wrote:Family lived just round the corner in 80 Porthcawe Road, but know my aunt Cis (Florence Stevens, nee Humphries) lived there, not sure of the number tho
I bet they knew my family, the Killicks as they would have been neighbours. My mum Norah went to Haseltine
Road school
The family was Rowland and Ruth (mother and father)
Alfie,Ted, Bill, Jimmy, Walter,Norah,Ruth, and Chrissie.
rolyevans

Post by rolyevans »

rolyevans wrote:
alanh wrote:Family lived just round the corner in 80 Porthcawe Road, but know my aunt Cis (Florence Stevens, nee Humphries) lived there, not sure of the number tho
My mum knew Mrs Humphries . Her family, the Killicks lived at
53 Porthcawe Road.
The family was Rowland and Ruth (mother and father)
Alfie,Ted, Bill, Jimmy, Walter,Norah,Ruth, and Chrissie.
rolyevans

Re: The Allen/Baldwins

Post by rolyevans »

stabitha4 wrote:Does your aunt remember the ALLENS/BALDWINS,Alanh? From 1920 to 1936
My mum, Norah Killick remembers the Baldwins . Her family, the Killicks lived
at 53 Porthcawe Road.
rolyevans

Re: Relinque Road

Post by rolyevans »

stabitha4 wrote:Hi, My father George Allen lived at 7 Relinque road and moved in 1936 to Reading with his family I think he had a friend called Hollis and they went to Haseltine School. His brothers were Alec, Arthur,Horace,Frank,Jack, Will,Pat and his sisters were Adelaide & Elsie. Does this name ring any bells with anyone?
My mum went to Hazeltine School and she was good friends with Rosie Hollis.
She also vaguely remembers the Allens.
alanh

Post by alanh »

Would have been my Great Gran Evelyn prob as my nan Doris, was only there a short while,. Was extended Family living there, Great Nan Evelyn, Grandad Bob, my dad Bob and mum Gladys and me (Alan), was moved out to Grove Park in 1959.

Alan
debbie48

Re: Relinque Road Bell Green Lower Sydenhan.

Post by debbie48 »

Hello
does anyone remember the Coyles who lived in Porthcawe Road until it was bombed in the war. My great granfather lived at 2 Relinque Road up until 1009.when he married alice ott who lived at 49 Porthcawe Road. When my grandfather married he was living at no 35 Porthcawe Road and they then moved to no 56 porthcawe Road - where my dad was born. When they were bombed, my Grandfather and family moved to hillmore grove - which was where i and my siblings were born.
My great grandfather worked as a stoker in sydenham gas works. Any thing remembered would be much appreciated
DRAGON

Post by DRAGON »

Hello
My Mum knew the Killick's and she lived in Relingque Road and she was Rose Overall and became Tully. The family were bombed out and evacuated . They moved back into a prefab at no 1 Relingque Road, after the war and stayed there until they were re-housed.
I would like to hear from anyone who remembers my Family or my mothers friend Mrs Lott Blundel who lived on the corner of Porthcawe and Relingque Roads

Regards
David Tully
Eddiekillick1

Post by Eddiekillick1 »

My dad lived at 44 Porthcawe road his name is Stanley Killick nickname stoodgy think that was how it's spelt his brothers where Doug, Henry, and George sisters Nellie, Alice, and Annie known as Bowlie. When the doodle bug hit and damaged No 44 they moved about 8 houses further up Porthcawe. Dad had an uncle Rowland that also lived in the immediate area who raised a large family