Wooden Flooring company

Living in Sydenham and looking for a gardener, flat or whatever? Advertise free here
Giddysquid

Wooden Flooring company

Post by Giddysquid »

Hi. I wonder if anyone can recommend a good reliable company that can lay some wooden flooring in our house following damage after a water pipe burst. Preferably I'm looking for a company that can give a free estimate. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
mosy

Re: Wooden Flooring company

Post by mosy »

Have you had the wettened floor and underneath checked to make sure it's dry enough to lay a floor directly on top? In a different place, my washing machine flooded the floor to 1 or 2" deep, which I just mopped up. It turned out that water had gone down the edges and caused dry rot, needing the joists and floorboards to be replaced and the underneath chemically fumigated and new air vents installed. Luckily I could prove a flood had occurred so my insurance cover could not be negated as a "gradually operating cause" (i.e. constant drip that was excluded for some reason on my policy). Hopefully you'll have no such problem.
gerispringer

Post by gerispringer »

Try Colin at colinwoodworks.1967@gmail.com
Local lays floors, does sanding brilliant.
mikej

Post by mikej »

The recommedations for EJ Carpets of 1-5 Perry Vale, Forest Hill, London SE23 2NE on google are excellent.

They do wooden floors, carpets and karndean floors
ejcarpets.co.uk

020 8699 9300