How did you hear of or come across STF?

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
mosy

How did you hear of or come across STF?

Post by mosy »

Following Admin's thread: The New Sydenham Website, in which he said he was hoping a good layout would attract new people who'd want to investigate its pages further, I tried to remember how I first heard of it several years ago.

My story is that when living well outside Sydenham in Kent, I became aware by word of mouth of the Virtual Norwood forum (I got an unwarranted parking ticket near Gypsy Hill). When I moved to Sydenham, I found a reference to STF on there. So (forum) word of mouth again.

Wonder if it'd be helpful to say how others arrived here?

What's your story?
Annie.

Re: How did you hear of or come across STF?

Post by Annie. »

I was just looking around on the Internet, typed in Sydenham, and up it popped!
Even though it says I joined in 2012, I did in fact join in 2006, for some reason I had to re register when I bought a new iPad, :roll:
Last edited by Annie. on 11 Dec 2013 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

when we moved to London in 2001, we lived in Bermondsey, and there, searching for a plumber found the London-SE1 website, and community forum. We made loads of friends, through social interaction on the forum. When we moved to Sydenham in 2010 it just made sense to find a local Sydenham equivalent to that which we'd so enjoyed and loved back in SE1. A quick search (on the search engine of choice at the time) found exactly what we were looking for.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

We were looking for somewhere to live and discovered Sydenham by chance after walking around Forest Hill, Crystal Palace and Penge. We sought refuge in the forum to find out what it was like to live here.

I know many who have done the very same.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

I was first told about it by some leading lights of SydSoc :)
Sid Nam

Post by Sid Nam »

Last year when I was searching for information about Crystal Palace and the park!