St Christopher's Hospice

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
jackieboo

St Christopher's Hospice

Post by jackieboo »

I've had reason to visit the Hospice for the first time lately and just wanted to say what a lovely place it is. Wonderful people. Thank you.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

I haven't had cause to go there but a friend has because of his late father's illness - he was looked after there. My friend now donates money to them instead of sending Christmas Cards and tells his teenage niece that instead of recieving a present she too gets to donate a gift to St Christophers. I guess he is in awe of them as many people are.
mosy

Post by mosy »

My only knowledge of St Christophers Hospice was from calling to ask for advice about what to say to (how to interact with) someone who's wife is living on borrowed time, to help me not put my foot in it. Their doctor(?) helped with things to say or not to say and also provided a list of useful URL links to associations who could help, both before and afterwards.

I guess little of their work touches people who aren't directly involved, so just a note of my thanks to them.