Family History-Bridgeman/Grimm Silverdale/Mayow Road

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
juliafuller

Family History-Bridgeman/Grimm Silverdale/Mayow Road

Post by juliafuller »

In 1891 Josephine Mary Grimm nee Bridgeman died in childbirth (2nd Child) while living at Ash Lodge, Mayow Road. In 1894 her husband Julius Francis (Franz) Grimm died. The two young boys (Julius and Stanley) where sent to Riga, Latvia to be brought up by an uncle (They returned after WW1). When Josephine and Julius married in 1889 the Brdigeman family were living at Bancroft, Silverdale, Sydenham. I am trying to trace information about the Bridgeman family as it seems unusual that the litlle children could not be raised in England. Josephine's fathers name was Edmund Charles Bridgeman. My mother (daughter of little Julius) is now 86 and would love to find out any references to the Bridgeman family.
When Julius Francis (Franz) Grimm died, also at Ash Lodge, Mayow Road he was a wine merchant. Perhaps someone may have a link to this.
Thank you
Chris Perrett

Post by Chris Perrett »

Hello,

I have just been reading your post about a Julius Grim, A distant relative was Ludwig Holthusen who was a wine merchant. I found the following article in the London Gazette August 28 1894

NOTICE is hereby given, that the Partnership heretofore
subsisting between us the undersigned,
Julius Grimm and Ludwig Holthusen, carrying on business
as Wine and Spirit Merchants and Commission
Agents, at 5, Water-lane, in the city of London, under
the style or firm of Grimm aud Holthusen, has been dissolved,
by mutual consent, as and from the 30th day of
June, 1894. The business of the said late firm will be
carried on by the said Ludwig Holthusen under the
style or firm of Holthusen and Company. —Dated this
24th day of August, 1894.
JULIUS GRIMM.
L. HOLTHUSEN.

I am interested in finding anything about this company
juliafuller

Re: Family History-Bridgeman/Grimm Silverdale/Mayow Road

Post by juliafuller »

Hi Chris
Thank you for replying but I'm affraid I can't help with your search for details about the firm. This was the first confirmation I'd heard of the business. Are you a relative of either party? Do you know the connection between the two men?
Thanks again
Julia