CAR JACKING/KIDNAPPING IN KIRKDALE

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
thefamilyguy

Post by thefamilyguy »

Dear readers,

Having been a Sydenham resident for a while, I have been a long time flag bearer of our little piece of London But it saddens me to report that my wife and son became the victims of a car jacking/kidnapping in broad daylight at 11am on Kirkdale high st.

While driving up Kirkdale High st this morning, a man frantically started signalling to her that she had a puncture in her front left tyre. She pulled over got out the car but saw nothing, the car then started moving and evidentally someone else had got in the car and drIven off - WITH MY 3 YEAR OLD SON STILL IN IT!!

My wife obviously panic stricken chased the car screaming for help (unfortunately nobody did), it turned down Dartmouth rd and disappeared from sight. Eventually my wife found someone who did lend her a phone(bag and phone were in the car) and she called the police and me, which is one of the worst calls any parent could receive.

She carried on running down Dartmouth rd and at the junction with Thorpsewood rd saw the car stationary by the side of the road. Unsure if my son was still inside or they had taken him and dumped the car, she opened the door to see our little boy sat in his chair upset but safe and untouched.

The police arrived 10 minutes later and preceded to gather information and forensic test the car. They believe that the thieves just wanted the car and when they saw my son the panicked and ran. They also believe it is organised crime and are treating this as kidnap.

My wife said the man that flagged her down was of asian descent late twenties/early thirties. My son managed to describe the driver as white with blond hair and green jacket.

This is very real and on our doorstep, so please be vigilant and if you have any information that may help the investigation please let me know or admin if you want to remain anonymous.

If anyone tries to flag you down don't get out, and lock your car doors.

They will not win!!!
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Shocking. I'm glad you are all safe and as well as can be expected. thanks for the warning.

G-man
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Shocking indeed.

I hope you and your family make a swift recovery from this monstrous act. With any luck the perpetrators will be caught, and aside from serving a severe custodial sentence - have a reminder of their crime seared into their face with a branding iron.

The c_nts!
Last edited by bigbadwolf on 29 Mar 2010 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Gosh that is truly horrendous. What with the shooting on Friday, what is going on in this road? Have some undesirables moved into the area or is it just a bad period? Where exactly did they take the car from in Kirkdale?
thefamilyguy

Post by thefamilyguy »

It took place on the way up Kirkdale High st, directly opposite the new Tesco express.

The police have also informed us that a similiar incident had happened 2 days earlier, but there was not a young child in the car so they escaped with the car.

There is also very little cctv coverage in this area.
thefamilyguy

Post by thefamilyguy »

PS. thanks for your support it is appreciated. This must not happen again, what next a kidnapper demanding a ransom?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can find no other reports of this incident in the London news media.

Admin
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Me neither, even on Newshopper. You would have thought someone would have reported on it??

Did anyone one else actually see anything?
Janeco

Post by Janeco »

My husband was close by when this happened. He heard and saw the lady screaming, running down Dartmouth Road and asking someone to stop the car outside the library. It was already stationary and the driver had gone. The child was safe in the back seat. Another passer by assisted the lady and phoned the police and he checked that the doors were unlocked and the child was safe. He confirmed that she was extremely shaken.
Yes it definitely happened!
lbere

Post by lbere »

Gosh, some people!!!

I suppose the shooting in Burghill Rd did not happen yesterday either??
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I head no other reports and that it wasn't reported in the paper. At no point did I say it was all untrue. I hope I make that clear!

What was the other shooting? Again, nothing in the paper. Why don't newspapers report news? Surely a shooting is news?
thefamilyguy

Post by thefamilyguy »

Whilst I understand post's on this forum must be legitimatised may I suggest you check your source 's for doing this.

I posted this on your forum for public awareness, and to ensure nobody else goes through what my family have undergone in the last 2 days given there are 3-4 schools in close proximity. Also with the hope of perhaps somebody providing information that may assist in the investigation.

FYI the Evening Standard are keen to run this story, however i would prefer to remain anonymous for obvious reasons. They informed me that they would need to use my wifes name and childs name "to make this stick" which I am not prepared to do.

The police are to do a press release in the media to warn people, and they will be keeping our anonymity. However they have some leads which they are pursuing.

Janeco may i thankyou for your husbands assistance it takes a certain type of person to be able to offer help in times of distress. Does he have any information that he might be prepared to disclose that may be helpful?
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Although i did not see this happen, i did see part of the shooting in Kirkdale last Friday, and i was surprised that no media news covered it. But then again, these things probably happen alot more than we imagine (did anyone else know that their was a shooting on friday in Forest Hill for instance, as well). Just because it is not on the BBC news, Admin, doesnt mean that it doesnt happen in our streets. Give people abit more credit! I am glad someone was on hand to assist the wife and kid.

This forum is the local news as far as i am concerned.
MickeyB72

Re: CAR JACKING/KIDNAPPING IN KIRKDALE

Post by MickeyB72 »

Just wanted to let you know that my wife saw (well, at least the 2nd half) a similar 'white van' jacking on the sloped part of Kirkdale about 2 weeks ago. Therefore, this would bring the total to at least 3 similar incidents of late - so certainly people need to be warned and made aware of the 'flagging down' a vehicle tactics that these people seem to be using. In the case she saw, the van proceeded to be driven at speed away, and came VERY close to running the driver over as he was running backwards down the hill, whilst banging on the windscreen/door window trying to get them to stop. A fellow lady passer by / home owner who was putting out her rubbish saw the whole incident and my wife urged her to call the police with what she saw (hopefully she did). Certainly the van driver was seen to be calling the police around the corner a few minutes later (in someone else's van).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These hard to believe events are true. There is a police message here: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4607

I will close this thread so comment is kept in one place.

Admin