Care Agencies

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Ann Pownall

Care Agencies

Post by Ann Pownall »

Can anyone recommend a care agency that operates locally? It is needed to help my elderly mother who is moving from Yorkshire to sheltered accommodation in Sydenham. Many thanks.
Loobus

Re: Care Agencies

Post by Loobus »

Hi there, I can't recommend an agency directly, but you could contact Lewisham Council adult social care and ask if they can provide you with a list of their preferred providers.

You mother may benefit from being assessed by that department if she requires care services to support her in her home. Here is a link to their website:
http://www.lewishammylifemychoice.org.uk/

Also, you can view care agency inspection reports on the Care Quality Commission website: www.cqc.org.uk

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ann Pownall

Re: Care Agencies

Post by Ann Pownall »

Thank you Loobos for your kind and well informed suggestions. I have already been in touch with Lewisham adult services and and an assessment will be made once Mum has been moved down here. I also have their care agency list, have spent time too on the CQC website, and spoken personally to care agencies. I was hoping however to have some more personal feedback. When Mum first had carers in her home town in Yorkshire I was able to get 'off the record' recommendations which proved invaluable and ultimately found an agency that we were both very happy with.