Street Food evening on Thursday 5 September

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
BelindaLester

Street Food evening on Thursday 5 September

Post by BelindaLester »

Hello -

I'm coordinating a street food evening next Thursday at the Dolphin to showcase some amazing local food talent, and because I want more reasons to go out in my neighbourhood! I'm getting some brilliant local traders together - more details to follow, but you can expect the likes of local stars Fleischmob and Two Hungry Bees.

Our wonderful community was so supportive of the last event, in June - one thing that you asked for was an earlier start time, so we will be serving food from 5.30pm. It's going to be a fun evening, and everyone is welcome - this of course includes children (the Dolphin license allows for children to be onsite until 8pm).

I'll keep updating you - hope to see you there :)
Belinda
sydenhamboy

Re: Street Food evening on Thursday 5 September

Post by sydenhamboy »

What a great idea. Sounds really exciting!

Hope Billings show their faces as well - great fishmongers/butchers.

Go Sydenham ...
BelindaLester

Post by BelindaLester »

Hello -

No Billings this time (but they may be there as guests) - but I'm hoping to work on a producers' market nearer to Christmas :)

I can confirm some amazing traders for Thursday -in addition to the previously mentioned Fleischmob and Two Hungry Bees, we have Ambriento (Tex Mex deliciousness from a food truck) and special guests Ruby Violet - ICE CREAM!!

The weather is set to be sensational - I'll see you in the garden :)

Food will be served from 5.30pm, children are welcome, hope to see you all there
Belinda
scarpetta

Post by scarpetta »

I attended the last event at the Dolphin which was really great and the street food was amazing. Will there be live music again or was that only due to the Sydenham Arts festival?
BelindaLester

Post by BelindaLester »

Hi - glad you enjoyed the last one :)

The last event was part of Pop Goes Sydenham, and you're right that we partnered with the Sydenham Arts Festival for the live music.

I'm not doing that this time - given the weather, I think lots of people will want to relax in the garden - but I'm really keen to bring music back for the next event(s). All ideas welcome

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!
Belinda
scarpetta

Post by scarpetta »

Great to hear, Belinda that there will be more events in the future. I am sure it's going to be a great night at the Dolphin.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Just got back. Many thanks to all that made this happen. It was a lovely, family friendly evening and was enjoyed by all. The food, especially the tacos and the Vietnamese was fantastic. Really good to see so many people out enjoying the fantastic garden.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
BelindaLester

Post by BelindaLester »

MANY THANKS to everyone who came along last night - I agree that it was a relaxed and family friendly evening; and also fun for those who decided to stay until closing :)

I'm busy planning the next one already - we will definitely have one with a festive theme in December, and if interest is there I'll try and sneak another one in before that.

Thanks again for your support of your local spaces and traders
coll

Post by coll »

I must admit that when I read about the event it I didn't quite understand what exactly it was going to be. Still we went down and it was a great evening out. Thanks for organising! We were amazed to see a nice mix of people. We were really amazed by the amount of 'trendy' twenty-somethings. Its incredible to see the changing face of the area.

Still the juxtaposition the event and of walking down from the station shows that our high street doesn't seem be catching on. I say this on the over heard conversation of someone mentioning that the Whimpy's is set to close and a betting shop is attempting to move in. I hope not. But is seems that sometimes in Sydenham one step forward, two steps back!

Still is was a great event last night and I hope you continue!
scarpetta

Post by scarpetta »

Nice evening and pretty busy Dolphin too which was nice to see. Do hope there will be another event before Xmas. Music would be great :)