A frost free winter

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Tim Lund

A frost free winter

Post by Tim Lund »

Eagle

Re: A frost free winter

Post by Eagle »

Yes and I guess we have all noticed a dramatic reduction in heating bills. Amazing.

Where is Car Crash Balls when you want him.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:Yes and I guess we have all noticed a dramatic reduction in heating bills. Amazing.

Where is Car Crash Balls when you want him.
Gas prices went up and what did Cameron do esp as wholesale prices didn't rise anywhere near as much? :roll:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I did not say the price per unit did not go up. I stated that we would all have used a great deal less units. Simples

I would guess over winter months most persons used less than half last years units. The environment gains as well
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:I did not say the price per unit did not go up. I stated that we would all have used a great deal less units. Simples

I would guess over winter months most persons used less than half last years units. The environment gains as well
Not necessarily. Depends on the diurnal temperature variation.

Simples.

We know how accurate you are with guessing plus the media you read denies climate change exists...
mosy

Post by mosy »

A thing that worries me about frost free winters is more bugs (mosquitoes?) this summer - any sort that isn't killed off but normally would be by sub-zero temperatures. On the other hand, it has snowed at the beginning of May, so probably not "plant out" just yet...
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

MWAV

Here we go again. More lies. When have I ever said climate change not real.????????????????

I agree often said Man Made climate change not proved . That is completely different as you know.

I know my Gas Bill for winter quarter was less than half last year.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:MWAV

Here we go again. More lies. When have I ever said climate change not real.????????????????

I agree often said Man Made climate change not proved . That is completely different as you know.

I know my Gas Bill for winter quarter was less than half last year.
Read what I scribe. Where did I say you don;t agree that climate change is real?

I said the Tory tax avoiding media that you support denies climate change.

Stop saying I wrote stuff that I CLEARLY DIDN'T WRITE. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

MWAV

I have to admit on reading again you did accuse the media of not accepting climate change , not my goodself.

No one should get away with saying we are not experiencing climate change . Climate on this planet has been changing from Day one , and I expect will continue so to do.

Good day.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Manwithaview1 wrote:
Eagle wrote:I did not say the price per unit did not go up. I stated that we would all have used a great deal less units. Simples

Not necessarily. Depends on the diurnal temperature variation.

Simples.

We know how accurate you are with guessing plus the media you read denies climate change exists...
So where did I say you deny climate change?

Oh you were lying. :roll:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I have already apologised for my mistake old chap.

Have a drink and relax.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

I have to admit on reading again you did accuse the media of not accepting climate change , not my goodself.

No one should get away with saying we are not experiencing climate change . Climate on this planet has been changing from Day one , and I expect will continue so to do.

Good day.
Why do you support the papers that lie about climate change if you think they are wrong?

It doesn't make any logical sense. :roll:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

MWAV

I cannot recall any paper I have read saying there has never been climate change. To say so would be stupidity itself.

Geologists and historians and others have ample proof that the climate has been a great deal warmer and a great deal colder than now.

What some papers are saying is Man Made Climate Change is Not Proven. Although I think it is likely that we are having an effect , I have to admit not proven. When climate changing as a matter of course difficult how much you can pin on us.

I thought rather strange you have raised this as a result of mild UK winter , when in North America they have had the coldest for many many years. We are all in the world old chap.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

I cannot recall any paper I have read saying there has never been climate change. To say so would be stupidity itself.

Geologists and historians and others have ample proof that the climate has been a great deal warmer and a great deal colder than now.

What some papers are saying is Man Made Climate Change is Not Proven. Although I think it is likely that we are having an effect , I have to admit not proven. When climate changing as a matter of course difficult how much you can pin on us.

I thought rather strange you have raised this as a result of mild UK winter , when in North America they have had the coldest for many many years. We are all in the world old chap.
The Mail, Telegraph Express have numerous articles denying climate change.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... jumbo.html

is the first one on the google search. Want me to list more
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Are they not denying Man Made Climate Change ?

Climate Change obviously has and will happen.

Man Made Climate Change . Not Proven as they say in Thurso.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:Are they not denying Man Made Climate Change ?

Climate Change obviously has and will happen.

Man Made Climate Change . Not Proven as they say in Thurso.
Did you read the link?
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/07/ ... enial.html

Charles Moore is an English journalist who writes for the Daily Telegraph. At one time, he used to be the editor of the publication, moving into that position at a very young age. Recently, he wrote a biography of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. On Sunday, Moore published an article attacking climate change believers while questioning scientists on their methods.

Early on in the column, Moore pretty much shows why he shouldn’t be taken seriously on this issue, as he makes the all too common error of making a direct comparison between weather and climate...

The article continues... :lol:
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

To get back to Tim's original post, I had fuchsias that flowered all the through the winter last year and into the coldest Spring on record.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

I have two sorts of fuchsias - the one in the OP, which is more frost sensitive, and ever year until this has been knocked back to ground level, and another, which is the sort you see in hedgerows in the West of Ireland

where you don't get too many frosts either.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Great picture Tim. Yes has been a great spring for fauna.