£18 to walk through the Thames tunnel

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Manwithaview1

£18 to walk through the Thames tunnel

Post by Manwithaview1 »

http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2014/04 ... ay-tunnel/

However, to walk through the tunnel is very rare – and in fact the only time in living memory that I am aware of was in 2010, following upgrade works for the London Overground.

This May Bank Holiday opportunity is also thanks to London Overground upgrades, although this time tied into the expansion of the line to 5-carriages.

So, we get longer trains, and a chance to walk through a train tunnel — what a delightful combination.

Tickets are not on sale yet — so don’t phone to harass them, and I will flag up the details on here as soon as they are confirmed. But if you were planning a Bank Holiday getaway, you might now want to keep one of the days free for your tour.

The Tunnel walks will be between 10:30 to 19:30 on the Saturday 24th May and 09:30 to 18:30 on the Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.

The proceeds will be shared between the Railway Children’s charity and the Brunel Museum at Rotherhithe.

I know it is not Sydenham but it is reasonably close
JMLF

Re: £18 to walk through the Thames tunnel

Post by JMLF »

Tickets are on sale. I mentioned all this to my dad and his beady eyes got back to me earlier today saying on sale and selling fast. No idea how he would know that - prob just keen for me to reply swiftly!