Cherry and Ice

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
coldand

Cherry and Ice

Post by coldand »

It's very nice to see places like this in Sydenham so decided I must support them if I want
Outlets like this in Sydenham. However I was very disappointed to pay just under £15.00
for two tuna rolls , one coffee and a cup of tea. This was actually more than I had paid for the same thing in Mayfair the day before. I often frequent lordship lane and their prices are cheaper in comparison . So Cherry and Ice if you read this forum come on and get real with your prices . We want to support you but we don't want to come out feeling robbed .
parker

Re: Cherry and Ice

Post by parker »

Why such a mark up on Tuna and Tea? I'd rather buy a sandwich from M&S given the choice... At least then you know the ingredients haven't been bought from LIDL like a lot of cafés...
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

When it first opened the quality and quantity made it value for money. I hate to say it but:
[*]The sandwiches have go smaller
[*]The garnish has more or less disappeared: it used to be a fresh side salad
[*]The milk shakes are much less excellent

:(
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I haven't tried the sandwiches, I go to various cafes due to their strengths. I always saw cherry and ice as an ice cream parlour, somewhere for a sweet treat, be it thier wonderful and unusual cakes and wonderful ice creams and excellent milkshakes, all served with a smile by the owners who know me by name. I like that. They make me feel special.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

leenewham wrote:I haven't tried the sandwiches, I go to various cafes due to their strengths. I always saw cherry and ice as an ice cream parlour, somewhere for a sweet treat, be it thier wonderful and unusual cakes and wonderful ice creams and excellent milkshakes, all served with a smile by the owners who know me by name. I like that. They make me feel special.
The milkshakes are very hit and miss (according to my better half who is partial to a chocolate milkshake). If you get the original staff they are amazing: plenty of icecream. If you get the newer staff who started a month or two back they are not :(
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

we're all special, it's just some of us are more, or less, special than others.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Lets all hug!
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

now I know what you look like* I might just do that if I see you on the high st.

* on the Greyhound thread there was a link to Newsshopper article about the Greyhound Mural, with a nice photo which includes you in it.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Eeek!
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

I noticed that they are creating a sofa area in the back and also now have wifi. For all the naysayers, that is a good idea...Go to Starbucks or Costa and everyone makes a beeline for the soft furnishings...
Also wifi IMHO is essential to keep the modern customer happy.
We need to support them as I'd far rather they were there than another dreadful corner shop, fast good outlet, betting shop, or typical Sydenham outlet
jamesmyth27

Post by jamesmyth27 »

This place can be kinda cool but it needs to sort its self out. We went in there today and it was piss poor, no brownies, gluten free cakes (all advertised out side on the A board). the sandwich fridge was empty and looked very sad, you wouldn't know what to order if the flies all over the food didn't put you off!! It's not normally like this. Buck your ideas up or you wont be around long after the new place opens.
Nature Boy

Post by Nature Boy »

I'm dying to know how many people posting here have given their feedback to the owners/management directly.

I hope the answer is everyone. There's a lot in the old adage used in the hospitality sector "if you like [our service] tell all your friends but if you don't like it tell us"

It gives a business the opportunity to improve. Bad mouthing publicly will more likely kill it. No wonder then we'll all be lamenting the paucity of independent shops on Sydenham Road...
jamesmyth27

Post by jamesmyth27 »

Nature Boy wrote:I'm dying to know how many people posting here have given their feedback to the owners/management directly.

I hope the answer is everyone. There's a lot in the old adage used in the hospitality sector "if you like [our service] tell all your friends but if you don't like it tell us"

It gives a business the opportunity to improve. Bad mouthing publicly will more likely kill it. No wonder then we'll all be lamenting the paucity of independent shops on Sydenham Road...

Its not always easy to do it directly to the owner. The forum is a good place to vent.. they should have a comment box or something.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

jamesmyth27 wrote:
Nature Boy wrote:I'm dying to know how many people posting here have given their feedback to the owners/management directly.

Its not always easy to do it directly to the owner. The forum is a good place to vent.. they should have a comment box or something.
The forum is a good place to vent IF you have spoken to the owners and not had a satisfactory answer. Not before.
mosy

Post by mosy »

It is honourable and "the proper thing to do" to tell a shop first - and also to report their response as well if posting any adverse comments. Granted it might be to a sales assistant, but no reason you can't ask to speak to a manager - I have in untidy supermarkets. One in particular which seems oblivious to the fact that aisles are walkways not empty cardboard box repositories!

Pricing alone is perhaps an exception if it's not a comment on anything other than price. I see that as just passing on information, as I hope people would do in, say, Sunday lunch threads.
daliftkid

Post by daliftkid »

jamesmyth27 Sound's to me you only came on this forum to bad mouth cherry & ice .
as a regular i know that the owners are always happy to speak with any customers and hear all opinions .
Maybe next time try that 1st as the way you going about this is 'piss poor' possibly trolling ??
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

I always chat to the owners when i see them...even if I'm not actually staying....they do listen and really want to add something special/ different to the high street.
Anyway I took visiting friends there for ice cream yesterday after eating my Goulash at On the Hoof. The ice cream was fab and as usual the cones were crispy and fresh and the portions very generous....i had butterscotch....highly recommended