Elbow Out Ebola Conference Club Zanzibar

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lee Jasper

Elbow Out Ebola Conference Club Zanzibar

Post by Lee Jasper »

Elbow Out Ebola Conference London

Friday 5th December 2014

Club Zanzibar, Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4QD

Speakers include High Commissioners of :

Sierra Leone
Liberia
Guinea
Nigeria

To be opened by the Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock.

A conference to launch a peoples campaign in support of the victims of Ebola focussing on urging the Governments of UK and Europe to help establish permanent health and transport infrastructure in West Africa.

Come and meet experts and hear all about the actual situation on the ground. Also in attendance local West African projects working on the front line, seeking your support.

Please share and book your place here http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elbow-out ... 4092574269
Last edited by Lee Jasper on 24 Nov 2014 17:27, edited 2 times in total.
michael

Re: Elbow Out Ebola Conference Club Zanzibar

Post by michael »

Lee Jasper wrote: To be opened by the Mayor of London Steve Bull.
Anybody else confused?
Smiffy

Post by Smiffy »

The Tipton Terrier? I often wondered what he did after his playing career with Wolves ended.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Smiffy wrote:The Tipton Terrier? I often wondered what he did after his playing career with Wolves ended.
Haha
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I think this is a great initiative. And tickets are free. A great fundraiser and a great way to raise funds.

I find the way you're commenting on Lee writing London instead of Lewisham is a bit harsh.

I hope the event goes well.

G-Man
michael

Post by michael »

G-Man wrote: I find the way you're commenting on Lee writing London instead of Lewisham is a bit harsh.
I'm pleased it has been corrected with the correct name and the correct job title. And I think that Mr Jasper has dealt with harsher criticism in the past.
parker

Post by parker »

You wouldn't get me in Zanzibar, in aid of Ebola or not. Very much doubt Sir Steve 'Bull' would either.
michael

Post by michael »

parker wrote:You wouldn't get me in Zanzibar, in aid of Ebola or not.
How about for a community consultation tomorrow evening on running all night on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, and New Years Eve?
http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&p=105145

However, the public have no real say in whether a TEN can be issued, see http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/b ... otice.aspx
Provided that the criteria set out above are met, only the police and Environmental Enforcement may intervene to prevent an event. The police may agree to a modification of the notice and conditions may be added.
So, while this community consultation may find ways to make your mornings less disturbed, only opposition from the police or Environmental Enforcement would be able to prevent these events taking place.