Kirk's Cameras redevelopment?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Kirk's Cameras redevelopment?

Post by stuart »

A couple of weeks ago the shop fittings disappeared from the late lamented Kirk's Cameras at Cobb's Corner. Today I noticed it had been painted blue. It was rumoured to be opening as an estate agency. Does anybody know if this is true or who?

BTW I see the council on Sunday put in an anti-skid surface on the lower side of the Sydenham Bridge Zebra.
megan

Post by megan »

yep its definately going to be an independent estate agent.
Newman

Estate agent

Post by Newman »

Great - just what the area needs - another estate agent.
megan

Post by megan »

must admit sydenham is full of estate agents!!!
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

How disappointing, I was thinking it would make a great location for a nice bar/cafe type of place - was idylling thinking about purchasing it to set up my own bar (if not for lack of any capital/experience/etc which might be desirable for such an enterprise!)

Another pipe dream quashed. :cry:
Adam

Pipe dreams - and not the ones after you smoke!

Post by Adam »

What would you do without pipe dreams!

There is a great deal of support out there for first time businesses, your pipe dream might not be too far off!

(speaking as me, and not as Mystic Meg!)

A
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

One day, perhaps...! When I get completely fed up with spending 12 hours a day chained to my desk.... :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

12 hours at a desk? dunno how you can hack that!
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

Oh no, another estate agent? What is it about Sydenham?

Like Weeble, I'd like to see a nice cafe or bar in the area. I notice that Wooster & Stock is trying to flog their Sydenham branch, so maybe that will turn into something interesting. I live in hope!
Newman

Post by Newman »

With the tube on its way to Sydenham, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few enterprising people open up bars and cafes in the area in the next few years. It would certainly bring some much needed variety to the area. As I mentioned in another thread Sydenham is lagging behind Forest Hill in this respect - the latter has seen a number of good bars and restaurants spring up in recent times. But I'm sure that Sydenham will soon follow suit. In the meantime, we'll just have to make do with an abundance of estate agents. :lol:
pippa

Post by pippa »

Hi Newman

Been looking for ya!!

To be honest with all the estate agents opening I think its a good thing it can only pick up the area and others will follow suit perhaps doing up the pubs and perhaps a few bars. Good luck to them
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

An estate agent eh? Could be worse. Certainly it's quite an impressive building (my leanings are towards Victorian rather than art-Deco) although I appreciate there's a renaissance of interest in 30's architecture.

I'm not sure how well it would ever work well as a pub/restaraunt in the sense that it suffers from being right in the middle of three roads that can, at times, get very busy with traffic. In the great scheme of things considering it could have been another 'offy' or something we don't need then an estate agent isn't to bad.