Anyone for politics?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lewkip

Anyone for politics?

Post by Lewkip »

It's that time again!

I am interested in what posters feel about the General Election in general and constituency issues in particular.

Let me declare my hand as the UKIP candidate for Lewisham West. I recently came across this site and it is impressive for its look and feel as well as its relevance to this part of the borough.

If there are any points or criticisms of UKIP or anything else for that matter, please post them here. I look forward to your comments!

want to know more? got to http://www.ukip.org
anti-eu

Post by anti-eu »

Hello Lewkip,

I am in the process of choosing between Conservatives, UKIP or BNP if they stand.

Can I ask where you stand on the issues of abortion, homosexuality and Islam?

Thank you.
Newman

Post by Newman »

Lewkip, looks like you've made a friend. Just out of interest, where do you stand on the issues of abortion, homosexuality (it's a sin, right, according to some of your European bed mates?) and Islam?
anti-eu

Post by anti-eu »

Newman wrote:Lewkip, looks like you've made a friend. Just out of interest, where do you stand on the issues of abortion, homosexuality (it's a sin, right, according to some of your European bed mates?) and Islam?
On abortion, I think it is murder of an innocent baby.

On homosexuality, I believe it is unnatural and should be kept well out of schools. Marriage should be recognised and it forms a stable foundation to the upbringing of children.

On Islam, I suggest you read the Koran. There are many "muslims" who are nice people. But the religion itself wants to KILL the "Great Satan" Western Democracy and create an Islamic state that taxes all the unbelievers. I believe we should stop Islamic immigration.
Newman

Post by Newman »

I didn't ask your views on these subjects. I had guessed what they were. After your previous, shall we say 'colourful' rants against Europe, Labour and immigration, I wasn't expecting you to come back with comments like 'I support a woman's right to choose' and 'a person's sexuality is their own business and not for big mouthed bigots to judge'.

I was asking my good friend Lewkip's views, particularly as he didn't address my previous point that UKIP teams up with parties in Europe who have extreme views in these areas.
anti-eu

Post by anti-eu »

I would like to know Lewkip's views too and Evett McAnuff's.

Though, regarding a woman's right to choose. How about the innocent babies right to a chance to be kept alive?

And regarding big mouth bigots involving themselves in personal business - thats what I'm against. I want Labour to stop all the pro-homosexual propaganda in schools. I also believe children have the right to have a caring mother and father, hence marriage should be taught in schools.

And regarding extremism. I think murder of babies is extreme. I think encouraging sexual perversions is extreme. And I think Islam is extreme.
Newman

Post by Newman »

Well, what else can I say? You've solved all of this country's problems in one fell swoop.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have deleted the remainder of this thread and locked it.

This is the first time I have removed posts in the six months of the Forum apart from one early commercial spam. And to remove 18 in one go is very sad.

I'm sorry chaps & chapesses but we lost it this afternoon. May I remind you that the rule is to argue the policy - not rant & rave at the poster no matter how objectionable you may think their views are. I'm not pointing the finger at a particular person - because what happened is that each rant just resulted in a bigger one.

Now please cool down. It would be helpful if threads could concentrate on one topic at a time.

If you have any objection to this decision you may raise it under Town Website. The Admin is the only person you are allowed to openly abuse.