WHAT IF no7: LADY METROS becomes...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

WHAT IF no7: LADY METROS becomes...

Post by leenewham »

I don't know much about this new store except it sells gifts.

I guess most people know very little about it as it doesn't have a sign. When the shutters are shut it doesn't even look like it's a business.

This is what it currently looks like:

I presume that once this was once one shop. I think it would be wise to live in harmony with Desire next door and make the sign one colour. Otherwise it's a bit like those houses that try too hard to be different from their neighbours and you get a drainpipe painted in two different colours.

One other pet hate of mine are roller shutters that completely cover the front of the shop. They make high streets look like prisons. But you can turn a negative into an advantage by painting it.

So a shop without a sign becomes giftbox...

To give greater synergy with Desire next door I kept the numbers the same (it just looks so much neater and it keeps the postman happy!)

More whatifs can be seen here:
www.whatifsydenham.wordpress.com
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

To give greater synergy with Desire next door I kept the numbers the same (it just looks so much
No. 34 is the house to the right of Desire in your photo. I think the whole of the shop frontage counts as no. 36.

Regards
Chris
Cheese Wotsits

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

This is one of my favourites. I like the name, the use of an over-sized tag for the sign and the shutters as a gift box, it's all very witty!

What do people think?
Richard Costa

Post by Richard Costa »

good work, as always!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

tulip1

Post by tulip1 »

Love it!! If only it could be re-painted immediately. Have the owners seen your suggested design?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I haven't had a chat with them...yet, but please please please mention it to them if anyone in here goes in (if you like it).

That goes with any of the what if's.