SYDENHAM ASSEMBLY: 4th MARCH + REPORT

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

SYDENHAM ASSEMBLY: 4th MARCH + REPORT

Post by leenewham »

Thursday 4 March 2010
7pm-9pm
The Grove Centre,
2 Jews Walk,
SE26 6PL

www.lewisham.gov.uk/CouncilAndDemocracy ... amAssembly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The agenda is to review the progress on the top five priorities for Sydenham have been agreed by the Assembly:

* More activities for children and young people including a youth centre
* Improving community safety and tackling anti-social behaviour
* Vibrant high street
* Environmental improvements to provide a cleaner greener Sydenham
* Transport improvements for Sydenham

Plus the Sydenham Charter!

Everybody should have received an 8 page glossy brochure about the Assembly. If not, let me know and I'll post the contents up.

Admin
Miserableold-ish git

Post by Miserableold-ish git »

No "glossy brocheur"(sic) this end of Mayow Road Mr.Admin !
:cry:
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Hi MOG - don't you live in Perry Vale ward?

Maybe Susan Wise will be doing one for you...

Kind Regards
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I tried to plumb MOG's postcode into this:

http://www2.lewisham.gov.uk/lbl/apps/co ... uncllr.asp

But it doesn't seem to work. There's very little info on Perry Vale Assembly meetings on Lewisham's site either. At any rate I think MOG is very much on the borders of Sydenham & Perry Vale wards [although as mummycat suggests I think he drops into Perry Vale].

I always find it interesting how rigidly these markers can be applied. What goes on in Sydenham very much affects MOG. But it might be that he cannot attend Sydenham Ward Assembly meetings...even though he actually lives IN Sydenham?

The same can be said for some who find themselves living in Sydenham yet under the Crystal Palace ward/Forest Hill ward?

Or perhaps I've misunderstood the rules?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Go to the Sydenham Assembly if you live or work in Sydenham.

I will get there late as I have a meeting in Leeds that day. Every bloody time they have one I have a meeting!!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

There's no question - MOG lives in Sydenham Ward.

Here's a site which would be useful if it was easier to use

http://www.election-maps.co.uk/electmaps.jsf
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Sorry for the mis-information as to who can attend the Assembly meetings. :oops:

I think I managed to get that site working Tim and it shows the Perry Vale/Sydenham ward 'border' running paralell with the back of Bishopsthorpe and then sort of dog-legging to follow Adamsrill Road [with Champion Road being the border of the Bellingham Ward]...

SO, if MOG is beyond Adamsrill (toward DeFrene) then he's in the Perry Vale ward?

Sorry to MOG for openely discussing his location but I find this curious as to whether or not this is why he didn't get a brochure through his door.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Please come along if you have an interest in Sydenham - we do not turn people away!

The Sydenham Assembly Newsletter should have reached everyone living in Sydenham Ward - and is now up on Lewisham's web site - http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres ... 200910.pdf

Join me for feedback and discussion on the new youth centre in Wells Park Road - we will also have an update on the vacant shops so I am hoping to hear the latest on Proctors.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A good attendance as usual. Nothing controversial and all very positive. I will publish a report in the next 24 hours - just have to build a client website first.

Admin
coolhandluke

Post by coolhandluke »

Hi there greetings
I am a new poster and I just want to say how much I enjoyed the Sydenham Assembly last night. Hopefully all the projects will happen. We need to focus on the activities for the young people after the project has begun. We need to focus on the Mosaic project and what it will eventually look like. We also need to consider the cost of these projects and where the money will come from in the longer term.

Looking at it from a political perspective to do all these beneficial things for the Community and more such things then either Council Taxes/or National Taxes must rise to pay for these type of projects. I support this view point and not the view that Taxes should be used to pay for peoples wages. We heard at the Assembly last night how long we have waited for the East London line to finally arrive-why did we wait so long? the simple answer has to be about cost and money being diverted so that projects like this one were delayed.

Lets be positive and get our money raised by taxation spent on projects which bring value to our Community as the Americans used to say "No Taxation without Representation" the Assembly and other channels gives us the Representation so now we just need to get the funding issues clarified.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My notes from the meeting are here: http://sydenham.org.uk/news_sydenham_as ... 10_03.html

These were taken from my jottings of which some were unreadable. Hence corrections, additions etc please post here.

Admin