Southern 90% off Advance tickets TODAY ONLY

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
The Eagle

Southern 90% off Advance tickets TODAY ONLY

Post by The Eagle »

Southern 90% off Advance tickets
Book online, one day only

On Thurs 26 May only, get 90% off Advance single tickets from Southern Railway. You can buy tickets for up to 12 weeks ahead (14 August 2011). Plus Senior, 16-25, Friends & Family, Disabled or HM Forces Railcards can be used!

Southern Rail services the South East, eg, London, Portsmouth, Brighton, Southampton.

http://www.southernrailway.com
SE26bloke

Re: Southern 90% off Advance tickets TODAY ONLY

Post by SE26bloke »

Demand's so great the site can't cope. The offer's been extended to Sunday.
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Little tip ..........

If you want to go to Brighton from Sydenham this is not available; however you can go from Victoria to Brighton (49p) and the train stops at East Croydon :wink:

or alternatively if you do not have a Freedom Pass and want to avoid paying any fare you can go to Hove from Sydenham for 50 pence
SE26bloke

Post by SE26bloke »

The Eagle wrote:Little tip ..........

If you want to go to Brighton from Sydenham this is not available; however you can go from Victoria to Brighton (49p) and the train stops at East Croydon :wink:
I wouldn't try that - you'll get charged full fare when you try to get through the barriers. There are restrictions on these tickets that mean you have to get on the chosen service and must travel between the specified stations. You'd have to buy a return to East Croydon to get you in and out of Sydenham.
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Think you missed the point as I was NOT suggesting anything illegal.
I was only saying IF you have a freedom pass you can travel to East Croydon for free then pick up the train; obviously if you cannot use a freedom pass you would have to pay to get to and from East Croydon.

Also I was not suggesting if your ticket was to Hove to carry on to Brighton, I was just saying for a total train fair of about 50 pence it is cheaper to go to Hove and walk or get a bus to the main part of Brighton