Canvas & Cream

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamboy

Canvas & Cream

Post by sydenhamboy »

Credit where credit is due. Fantastic 'artsy' cafe in Forest HIll. Just had a coffee but was v impressed with atmosphere and 'shabby chic' ambience. Once of the coolest cafes I've been to in a while - especially with the art gallery section at the back. Looks like the breakfast they do there is good along with brunch and meals. Great addition to the local area. Forest Hill seems to have embraced the 'London Overground' factor better than Sydenham.

Come on Sydders! hurry up and raise your game - it's our turn!
scarpetta

Re: Canvas & Cream

Post by scarpetta »

What a gem! I was in Crystal Palace this weekend. The Sparrowhawk is a great newly opened gatro pub which I can highly recommend. CP's triangle has so many nice venues to offer now. Forest Hill is getting more and more great little shops and coffee houses. Sydenham is sadly not progressing at all! I don't get it. I have lived both in Forest Hill and Crystal Palace and I genuinely think that Sydenham has much greater residential areas. It's just such a pity that the high street let's Sydenham down.

I'm all for variety but Sydenham high street is looking more and more grotty. So much talk about regeneration - high street, station approach. I don't see any progress but really want to belive in SE26 after all this is where I bough a house a few years ago when looking at the great potential.

Fingers crossed that Antic will soon announce that they have taken over a venue on our high street and maybe a Greyhound gastro pub will open after all...

It doesn't take a lot to turn things round!
leenewham

Re: Canvas & Cream

Post by leenewham »

Canvas and Cream is fantastic. A real asset to the high street and community.

I totally agree with Scarpetta.