Sydenham high street works

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Ronski

Sydenham high street works

Post by Ronski »

I was curious was happening with this and emailed Lewisham Council, depressing reading but at least it sounds like its going ahead...

"Work on the high street is currently expected to start in September, once the Olympics and Paralympics is over, and is likely to take about a year. However, this timetable may still change once the contract has been awarded and the contractor has submitted their works programme. Tenders from interested contractors have been received and are due to be reviewed over the next few weeks, after which the successful contractor will be announced."

Any updates will be added to
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/reg ... treet.aspx
scarpetta

Re: Sydenham high street works

Post by scarpetta »

I think we are all very much longing for the regeneration work to commence however I fail to understand how any work to the high street can be affected by the Olympics(!?)
We are clearly not in a hot spot! Any way, here's a an atumn 2012 kick off of the much needed regeneration of our high street!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

All roadworks have to be completed or suspended for the Olympics across the whole of London.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hopefully other things such as shop fronts, signage, dirty roller shutters, estate agents signs and other clutter will be sorted at the same time as the paving and pocket parks, otherwise it will be millions spent for little very little gain.

We are having some bespoke shop front guides for Sydenham and I hope that Sydenham Road follows Kirkdales example in attracting traders and locals to come up with innovative solutions to the problems in the high street.

The roadworks were always going to be delayed until after the Olympics, but at least we know when they maybe starting. I hope that there isn't too much disruption to the shops after all the disruption for the pipeworks.