Search found 434 matches

by bigbadwolf
17 Jul 2011 14:05
Forum: Town Cafe
Topic: Great Italian Restaurant
Replies: 10
Views: 2294

Re: Great Italian Restaurant

Eagle wrote:Is this the reincarnation of The Monte Casino
Sì.
by bigbadwolf
17 Jul 2011 12:39
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sorry peeps a little rant about committees.
Replies: 12
Views: 2316

Re: Sorry peeps a little rant about committees.

I don't think it's a rant at all, Summerbreeze. No, I regard it as an entirely legitimate concern. A concern that I share and stated as much in the thread in which it was mentioned that a local committee member wished her identity to remain a secret. I mean, only an idiot would be blind to te fact t...
by bigbadwolf
15 Jul 2011 11:12
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: SAYING YES TO THE MOSAIC ON THE NABORHOOD CENTRE?
Replies: 82
Views: 16308

Re: SAYING YES TO THE MOSAIC ON THE NABORHOOD CENTRE?

rshdunlop wrote:They are in receipt of public money. Anonymity cannot be justified.
Well, it can be justified, actually. Just not this far down the food chain.
by bigbadwolf
15 Jul 2011 10:33
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: SAYING YES TO THE MOSAIC ON THE NABORHOOD CENTRE?
Replies: 82
Views: 16308

Re: SAYING YES TO THE MOSAIC ON THE NABORHOOD CENTRE?

I was introduced to a group as the Sydenham Mosaic Committee, and started to make a note of their names. One immediately insisted very strongly that I should not publish her name on this Forum - or put it in the public domain in any other way, I assume. I have subsequently been told that should I d...
by bigbadwolf
14 Jul 2011 22:06
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Is this the mosaic plans for sydenham?
Replies: 4
Views: 1117

Re: Is this the mosaic plans for sydenham?

It also looks really shit.
by bigbadwolf
14 Jul 2011 21:27
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Is this the mosaic plans for sydenham?
Replies: 4
Views: 1117

Re: Is this the mosaic plans for sydenham?

Benaroundtown wrote:Is this the mosaic plans for sydenham?
Yes, it is, unfortunately.
by bigbadwolf
13 Jul 2011 21:07
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Miriam Lodge 185 Dartmouth Road
Replies: 11
Views: 11542

Re: Miriam Lodge 185 Dartmouth Road

You've misquoted ALIB, Dorian. It was Eagle that (predictably) disparagingly opined on where police officers were accomodated in the past, and what alternatives (or lack thereof) are available to them now.
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 21:12
Forum: Town Asylum
Topic: Unnecessary Censorship?
Replies: 26
Views: 6708

Re: Unnecessary Censorship?

mikecg wrote:What an amazing coincidence
<removed by admin>
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 20:38
Forum: Town Asylum
Topic: Unnecessary Censorship?
Replies: 26
Views: 6708

Re: Unnecessary Censorship?

Along with any shred of credibility you once possessed, too.
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 16:08
Forum: Town Asylum
Topic: Intellectual Property
Replies: 4
Views: 1622

Re: Intellectual Property

All joking aside, Mary, and I'm being serious on this, but it sounds like you're in possession of what could turn-out to be a valuable idea. By all means shoot me down in flames, but judging by your tone on this thread, perhaps it might be a good idea to seek the advice of a solicitor before circula...
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 15:18
Forum: Town Asylum
Topic: Sockpuppetry
Replies: 5
Views: 2133

Re: Sockpuppetry

admin wrote:Any questions?
Yes. Will you be making the results of any IP address cross-references public?
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 15:05
Forum: Town Asylum
Topic: Unnecessary Censorship?
Replies: 26
Views: 6708

Re: Unnecessary Censorship?

Where's my sockpuppetry thread gone?

------------
See the sockpuppet thread ... Admin
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 09:01
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!
Replies: 25
Views: 7169

Re: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

Well, if you've never been in you wouldn't know why people are saying it's such a good addition to our high street, therefore you have no reason to complain about people saying they like it. If you had been in and thought it was rubbish or even average then you would have every right. Hi, G-Man. In...
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 08:45
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: 255-269 Sydenham Road - Planning Application
Replies: 52
Views: 28075

Re: 255-269 Sydenham Road - Planning Application

Following Tim's tacit - not to mention pre-emptive - accusation of cowardice on the recent Billings thread, I've been directed to answer a question that I've been accused of avoiding. My only excuse is that I forgot about it. Tim & Dorian, I'm also afraid to inform you that I have no online evidence...
by bigbadwolf
6 Jul 2011 08:39
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!
Replies: 25
Views: 7169

Re: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

Tim, I fully understand that you enjoy using the textlink function, but in this instance your enthusiasm has got the better of you. I know you're trying to subtly bait me, but I'm afraid I'm impervious to such obvious antagonism. If you actually read back through the comments I've witten on this thr...
by bigbadwolf
5 Jul 2011 19:52
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!
Replies: 25
Views: 7169

Re: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

Besides the pedantic, what's wrong with promoting a good local business? Pedanty aside, nothing at all. Isn't it good to be positive about something local BBW? Yes, within reason. Do you dislike Billings? I hold no animosity towards Billings or its proprietors. I'm even willing to admit that I've n...
by bigbadwolf
5 Jul 2011 18:34
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!
Replies: 25
Views: 7169

Re: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

leenewham wrote:
bigbadwolf wrote:it's just a fishmonger for God's sake.
Actually you are wrong. They are also a butcher.
Butcher, baker or candlestick maker, they are also just a shop - however rare a service they provide. I just don't buy into the all the recurring enthusiasm.
by bigbadwolf
5 Jul 2011 17:17
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!
Replies: 25
Views: 7169

Re: Billings Fishmonger and NOW BUTCHER!

Am I the only member of this forum who hasn't been gripped by Billings 'fever'? Seriously, it's just a fishmonger for God's sake. What's with all the (occasionally dubious) hysteria? Do the proprietors offer concessions in return for endorsement, or what? Don't hesitate to contact me privately if yo...
by bigbadwolf
30 Jun 2011 14:21
Forum: Town Asylum
Topic: Thought For Today
Replies: 2
Views: 1394

Re: Thought For Today

Torchwood fan, eh, Kirkdale Boy? I never really got into it myself, but welcome aboard, all the same. It's nice to see a new arrival that's not afraid to dip their toes in as early as you. It'd be nice to see more of your outgoing ilk arriving on this board in the near future too.
by bigbadwolf
24 Jun 2011 15:10
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: 255-269 Sydenham Road - Planning Application
Replies: 52
Views: 28075

Re: 255-269 Sydenham Road - Planning Application

Reading your replies social/affordable housing comes up a lot. Applying for planning permission under the pious banner of "social and affordable housing" is often a false veneer. Developers will build these bland housing complex under the quite reasonable assumption that they will fail to attract r...