Mayow Park Bowls Green booked up all summer

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
monkeyarms

Mayow Park Bowls Green booked up all summer

Post by monkeyarms »

I put in an enquiry about hiring the Mayow park bowls green for an outdoor event in late May.

I was surprised to get the reply that it was all booked up until October. I suppose COVID has got us all making the most of our outdoor spaces.

But this is quite a leap: in the 5 years living in Sydenham I’ve only seen the space being used on literally 3 occasions.

I’d be grateful if people could update this thread if they see the bowls green being used (or more importantly from my perspective, not being used) on weekends between 9 and 3 from May to October.

Intrigued to know who’s been booking it and what for. Bowls? Yoga? Sports? Events? Summer kids activities?
prince

Re: Mayow Park Bowls Green booked up all summer

Post by prince »

I’m a regular to Mayow Park and I am very surprised to hear this also. I have never seen anyone use this space except for Spontaneous Productions.

I understand the local croquet club wants to move there from next year - no bad thing in my opinion, for I think it is currently extremely underused.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

I think it is being taken over by a croquet club, so will no longer be used for bowls.
JRW

Post by JRW »

My money's on a pop-up outdoor cinema. It would do extremely well, I think.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I've since seen that Spontaneous Productions are doing more performances at the Bowls Green than they have in previous years.

But not every weekend from late May to October. I'm still curious to know what's happening there.

Does anyone know of any other local(ish) outdoor spaces to put on an acoustic music event?