Sydenham Walks - rediscovering your local neighbourhood

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SueHydeTheGuide

Sydenham Walks - rediscovering your local neighbourhood

Post by SueHydeTheGuide »

Hello Sydenham Town Forum!
I am a fellow resident since 2012 and professional London Blue Badge Tourist Guide. I usually guide in places like Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, British Museum, Greenwich, V&A etc, but all that disappeared thanks to Covid-19. Like everyone else, I welcomed Zoom then got fed up with staring at a screen so I decided to learn about my own neighbourhood and set up guided walks around our corner of south east London. I want to encourage us to get away from the computer screen and meet new people again now that Lockdown is gradually easing ...oh and learn a bit about Sydenham's history! :)

I started with small groups of six people last month. The first theme was 'Cippa's Drunken Settlement', an introduction to Sydenham through the pubs to celebrate them re-opening and to encourage us to support our local boozers. This month I am focussing on the people who left their mark on Sydenham in some way and it is called 'Made in Sydenham - the Famous and the Infamous'. There are 3 time slots (although one is already sold out!) with larger groups this time around. If you would like to join me then you can find out more and book tickets here: https://suehydetheguide.co.uk/sydenham- ... -london-2/

Hope to see you on the streets!
Sue Hyde The Guide
Holaquease

Re: Sydenham Walks - rediscovering your local neighbourhood

Post by Holaquease »

This is great, thank you Sue.