Pilates, Garuda Matwork & Yoga Nidra workshop: Sun Oct 20th

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
PilatesYogaAdam

Pilates, Garuda Matwork & Yoga Nidra workshop: Sun Oct 20th

Post by PilatesYogaAdam »

I am a Sydenham based Pilates & Yoga teacher. This Sunday I will be running two workshops, just down the road in Forest Hill, with my friend and fantastic movement practitioner, Marta Soteras. They can be booked separately or together if you might fancy making a day of it. I hope you might join us!

Sunday, October 20th
@ fh Space, 9 Havelock Walk, Forest Hill, London SE23 3HG

Pilates + Yoga Nidra: 10:30am-12:30pm (£20)
Adam Murby will be leading the first session of the day with a gentle but deep Pilates practice infused with aspects of yoga asana followed by a delicious deep relaxation and release into yoga nidra.

Introduction to Garuda Matwork + Yoga Nidra 2:30pm-5pm (£25)
Marta Soteras will be introducing us to The Garuda Method, a system created by über-celebrity trainer, James D'Silva, who Marta has been working with very closely and who Madonna has credited as being a 'genius'. In Indian mythology, the Garuda is a sacred mythical bird that changes shape according to its function. It's a fitting name for a new exercise system, which is unique in its versatility, flexibility and precision of movement. The Garuda Method inspires intuitive, flowing, rhythmic movement, starting simply and blossoming into more complex patterns. Twists, curls and spirals encourage greater flexibility in the spine, giving free rein to the body to rediscover its natural desire to move, and providing a complete, joyful and mindful workout. Garuda offers a cardiovascular workout while drawing deeply on mental focus. The routines and exercises are limitless and work every area of your body. The classes are designed to be challenging and fun.
The Garuda workshop will be followed by deep relaxation and a release into Yoga Nidra led by Adam Murby. The combination of Garuda and Nidra represent the perfect combination of effort and ease.

Marta Soteras started dancing at a young age and after completing her Physiotherapy degree, danced professionally across Europe both in Classical and Contemporary disciplines. She found that Pilates was a natural progression to her dance teaching and she received her Pilates teaching qualification through the Pilates Foundation. She is a qualified Garuda Matwork and Apparatus Instructor. Her close work with with Garuda founder James D'Silva together with the continuous development of her skills helps to connect the physical improvements of the human body whilst planting a strong root to long-lasting mental and spiritual well-being.

I am really looking forward to it and hope you might be able to join us for what promises to be a lovely full day of comprehensive movement and total release. Both workshops will be suitable for both beginners and more experienced practitioners.

Please contact me to reserve a place or with any questions you might have, or book via this form on my website.

Hope to see you on the day!

Adam Murby

Tel: 0208 659 2344
Mob: 07932 402 404
Email: hello@adammurby.com
Web: http://www.adammurby.com