Why do people ruin their homes?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Nork. I'm not setting myself up as an arbiter of taste. Or am I? Perhaps all my previous statements undermine that view!

Net curtains - be my guest. Very Lawrie Park if you don't mind me saying so.

I'm not being drawn on the satelllite dish... I'm just off down The Dolphin!
Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

Savvy, would that all buy-to-let owners are like you, live locally and care! Unfortunately many do not.

One of the houses in the terrace I referred to even became a cannabis factory - the very quiet tenants who chose to keep themselves to themselves. Another house was for a long time let to (ever-changing) young foreign students, who just liked to party all summer long in to the early hours.

Who owns these properties is presumably known by the council (if Council Tax is being paid) and the Police, but not the immediate neighbours.

There may not be much in the way of income profit if property is properly managed, but this is not always the case, and certainly doesn't seem to be so where I live. However, as somewhere to invest a tidy sum long term, the capital profits make it very worthwhile, even if the revenue may catch up in the end to claim the CGT.