Hideous new addition to Sydenham. I pay not.

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Re: Hideous new addition to Sydenham. I pay not.

Post by mosy »

Agree that a controversial post gets more "hits"; I suspect a lot of word-of-mouth trade could come via social media, with people possibly travelling from afar. The shop is actually ideally situated a stone's throw from Sydenham station (with its numerous links) and with its frontage on a main pedestrian and traffic thoroughfare so is easy to find - all good.

I would like to say congratulations to Rob for getting through all the planning consents and work needed on what was in effect a relatively derelict shop and successfully getting it up and running. Now that in itself is an accomplishment worthy of kudos.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Rob - I'd recommend maybe, a mentioned, some promotion either online or otherwise (posters?) in local areas as although still relatively new to the area I can't remember seeing a tattoo shop in forest hill or crystal palace and posting in their respective forums or postering where allowed in local coffee shops, art shops and pubs/bars may be a useful way of getting word out and more custom :)
daliftkid

Post by daliftkid »

Thanx for all your kind words everyone i will hopefully be having a small exhibition in the near future once all the little problems are ironed out so i'll definitely post some stuff up then about the details of that and any others in the future

We just ordered some new business cards are going to drop a few in some shops around the area and eventually flyer outside of the area as well....so great minds think a like ;)
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:I noticed in one of the rather ugly units opposite Cobb's a planning application for the nadir of culture , a tattoo studio.

I pray that the council will not allow this terrible thing to desecrate the bodies of the populace of Sydenham.

God be with the Planning Committee.
So you are not into body art. Some body art is absolutely incredible.

Each to his own.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I would not argue that it is incredible.

My main point. Which has not been refuted. Is that a person who has one of the tattoo's at say 20 , would not like the same tattoo at the age of say 70.

Do 20 year old tend to wear same fashion as 70 year olds ? Difference is that clothes can easily be changed,

Why not leave to the seafaring gents and criminals , who used to be the sole users of this so called art.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:I would not argue that it is incredible.

My main point. Which has not been refuted. Is that a person who has one of the tattoo's at say 20 , would not like the same tattoo at the age of say 70.

Do 20 year old tend to wear same fashion as 70 year olds ? Difference is that clothes can easily be changed,

Why not leave to the seafaring gents and criminals , who used to be the sole users of this so called art.
It is people's choice. Get over it.

Some even have a tattoo of the evil Thatcher

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Again Rod and MWAV

Abuse but my question not answered. Why should I be surprised.

Have a good evening.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Rod

I would imagine all persons change over 50 odd years. I know I even voted for Harold in 1970. We all make mistakes . It was the other gent I was refering to when mentioning abuse.

Have a good day.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:Again Rod and MWAV

Abuse but my question not answered. Why should I be surprised.

Have a good evening.
If disagreeing with you is abuse then you need to look up the definition of abuse. :roll:

Maybe you think posting a pic of Maggie is abuse. :lol:

Very poor trolling Eagle.
Last edited by Manwithaview1 on 6 Apr 2014 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:Rod

I would imagine all persons change over 50 odd years. I know I even voted for Harold in 1970. We all make mistakes . It was the other gent I was refering to when mentioning abuse.

Have a good day.
You think Heath did a good job in the 70s leaving us so broke we had to call the IMF in within months who then finally bailed us out in 1976?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Edward Heath not the best PM but the financial hole was caused by the marxist miners who brought down an elected government.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:Edward Heath not the best PM but the financial hole was caused by the marxist miners who brought down an elected government.
Rewriting British political history again eh?

Tripling inflation etc solely because of the miners :lol:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

As far as I am aware Rt Hon E Heath did not have a tattoo. So that is one sensible decision he took.
#

Re who caused the debacle of Dennis ( Eyebrows ) Healey having to visit the IMF , we will never know or probably agree.

3 day week would not have helped I would have thought and also four fold increase of oil in early 70's.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:As far as I am aware Rt Hon E Heath did not have a tattoo. So that is one sensible decision he took.
#

Re who caused the debacle of Dennis ( Eyebrows ) Healey having to visit the IMF , we will never know or probably agree.

3 day week would not have helped I would have thought and also four fold increase of oil in early 70's.
Considering DH called the IMF in within months of fully gaining power it couldn't have been Labour's fault as their policies didn't cause the ruination.

You must remember what Reginald Maulding wrote when leaving office in 1964? :D
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I well recall Reginald. Seem to be he was a bit tubby before it became the norm.

Unlike Sir Alec , who I think he thought had be given his job .

Not sure what Reg wrote , but well recall Minister in last Government leaving a note saying there was no more money.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I think I have made a mistake

I was refering to Rab Butler.

I think Sir Alec was his rival , whilst Reginald was rival of Sir Edward.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:I well recall Reginald. Seem to be he was a bit tubby before it became the norm.

Unlike Sir Alec , who I think he thought had be given his job .

Not sure what Reg wrote , but well recall Minister in last Government leaving a note saying there was no more money.
"Good luck, old cock.... Sorry to leave it in such a mess."
daliftkid

Post by daliftkid »

Hi all!

we are happy to invite you to our official launch and 1st exhibition :D

Friday 23rd May 7pm-10pm

All are Welcome !!

Rob & the team
Inkwa Tattoos
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Awesome sauce.
Will be there for sure :)
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Sounds great Rob, looking forward to the evening, i'll be spinning some records on the night too.
Chris.