Adamsrill Primary School expansion plans

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: Adamsrill Primary School expansion plans

Post by Eagle »

Sorry I now appreciate it Stuart.

Surely the Car Park of The Sava Centre would be much closer and more convenient.
Susie1791

Post by Susie1791 »

I'm sure The Sava Centre car park is private land so not that easy to use perhaps, it would need to be council land, plus it needs to accommodate c.300 children so don't think it would suffice
mikej

Post by mikej »

I think the best solution is to use a relatively small part of Home Park.
Much closer to the existing school, easily walkable for parents with kids on both sites.
Obviously not ideal to use a public park, but Home Park does seem to be lightly used compared to many, and it is for a limited time only.
Be even better if they put it partly on the site of the disused toilets = an eyesore!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mike

Great idea but how about using some of the Library. That would really put it to good use. Outside school hours could revert to library,.
Susie1791

Post by Susie1791 »

Mike/Eagle, I totally agree with your ideas but seemingly local residents opposed Home Park and Lewisham said it would 'reduce the amount of the site available for use by the rest of the community' which really surprises me as it's not used on a large scale by any locals from what I've seen over the years. The more people send their comments/ideas to Margaret Brightman at Lewisham, (Margaret.Brightman@lewisham.gov.uk), it will certainly help the case. Many thanks again for your input.