Scaffolding

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
multisync

Scaffolding

Post by multisync »

I saw something on the TV the other day regarding some scaffolding on a block in Southwark which has been there for a considerable. Has anybody noticed an abundance of scaffold in Sydenham, particularly in Wells Park Road area. Don't they have anywhere to store it, as you very rarely see anyone working on it.
Eagle

Re: Scaffolding

Post by Eagle »

I agree

There was recently scaffolding on The Firs in Venner , for about 4 to 5 months.
multisync

Post by multisync »

This has been over a year !
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

#IhatePurelake for what they've done to the Greyhound - it's not covered in scaffolding, and it is open to the ellements - surely this is a case of willfull damage - if they'd made it watertight, or at least tried to stop it deteriorating it'd be in an easier state to repair once all things signed off properly.

i find it amazing - scaffolding is horrendously expensive to hire out, you need proffessionals to put it up, and take it down too. if I had a job needing it I'd make darn sure it was up for as short a time as necessary.

are we glad that The Greyhound isn't currently clad in ugly scaffolding? Or should it be covered to stop it getting worse and potentially falling down?
DanW

Post by DanW »

Multisync, I think most of the scaffolding in the Wells Park Road area are on properties acquired by L&Q from Lewisham council and are being renovated. It looks to me like they've done a good job of the buildings where the scaffolding has come down.
multisync

Post by multisync »

Yes agree they have done a good job. But on the other side of the road still Lewisham council and has been ther since Jan 2013 !!
NawhalPA

Post by NawhalPA »

Totally agree. It's been over a year and the only time I see activity its to fix the scaffolding as after a storm. The cost to leaseholders will be horrendous. I'm baffled. Hypothetically, you could imagine a scenario where if you wanted a kickback you'd commission work, delay it indefinitely, and continue to pay the contractor in return for tips. I'm not suggesting this is the case here, but it is worrying that such waste can be tolerated.