Aga's little cafe

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

Aga's little cafe

Post by JMLF »

Noticed a sign saying Aga's little cafe will no longer be running as a cafe :( Not clear whether will continue to run it as something slightly limited and different (see further info below!) or whether it's just the end of its tenure as a pop-up full stop.

Anyways, on a slightly happier note they have started doing raclette nights on Fridays (Raclette, the best a man/woman can geettttttt) at £20 a pop for all foodstuffs including delicious sounding cheeses, meats, potatoes and other stuff my brain wasn't as interested in picking up.

To book a table you can either pop in to the cafe on Friday night (or if continuing to be open a little at the weekend?) or visit he deli on Dartmouth road.

Just thought would let people know as cheese is brilliant in my opinion.
NawhalPA

Re: Aga's little cafe

Post by NawhalPA »

I believe they couldn't make a profit because of the limited footfall. Great coffee. Shame.
parker

Post by parker »

Hmm, maybe if they made it look like they were actually open they'd have sold some coffee!
Sydney83

Post by Sydney83 »

Being around the corner from the cafe I really wanted them to do well, but I do feel like they didn't really make much of an effort!
Not sure if the actual coffee machine was ever plugged in as every time my husband went they said "not yet" and as I am pregnant I can not drink coffee or tea so asked for a hot chocolate instead, they didn't have any on the three occasions I went (when it was on their menu).
When it comes to the food, the cakes were nice but not much choice. The sandwiches were nice, but again not much choice and pricey for what it was.
It is a shame because we really like their deli in FH so we were very very excited when the cafe opened but there was just nothing in there (and it was so dark!).
It had about 5% of the fantastic things their FH branch had...
So yes a shame but I honestly think that had they tried a little but harder they would have been successful!
marymck

Post by marymck »

Hopefully they'll return, with a wider choice and a fresher look.

You can still get amazing great coffee (and hot chocolate) at cafe jasmine, just a few doors away. Historic breakfasts too!