A chocolate shop for Sydenham?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

A chocolate shop for Sydenham?

Post by leenewham »

The melange chocolate shop in bellenden road is being evicted by thier new landlords (for more rent I believe).

http://www.themelange.com

They are looking for somewhere to live and work. I think having a diverse range of food shops in Sydenham would be great. Our biggest issue is a lack of empty shops.

Is anyone exited by the prospect of a chocolate shop? It's really good chocolate too. We have a high end cake shop, a deli, butcher, fishmonger, ice cream parlor, cafes etc. I think it's worth inviting them here.
BelindaLester

Re: A chocolate shop for Sydenham?

Post by BelindaLester »

Great idea - their chocolate and overall retail approach is excellent.

Empty shops near Cobb's Corner.... :)
chrism

Post by chrism »

I think it would be a great addition to the high street! We need a good mix of shops. A chocolate shop would be a fab addition. I've sent them a note suggesting they consider Sydenham -

Here's their facebook page if anyone else wants to drop them a line:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Melan ... 0123275957 .
wen

Post by wen »

Great idea indeed, it would be amazing if they could relocate to Sydenham and find a living and working place here!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

A big thanks to chrism who told me about this in the first place (credit due where credit due).
marymck

Post by marymck »

Ummm chocolate ... ummmm

What's not to like?

Plenty of empty shops in Kirkdale. Maybe they would do a pop up for Easter?
harrym

Post by harrym »

A chocolate pop up on Kirkdale would be amazing!
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

I am all for one or the other. The chocolate is absolutely amazing (they opened one in Brixton last year and went to a couple of events) and they also serve decent coffee, hot chocolate and cakes etc I believe so could be more then just a chocolate shop also.. The Brixton venue was toying with late nights as a kind of late night coffee shop/bar too but not sure what came of it.

I think either would be great with swings and roundabouts of kirkdale idea. Think would be great to fill an empty shop and try to support the "kirkdale village" initiative (plus it's close to me!) which desperately needs something unique to bring footfall to the area (sydenham and forest hill, maybe even crystal palace/dulwich would travel as don't believe any of those has a choc shop off head), the otherwise is it may not be as successful due to lack of natural footfall around the area (e.g agas cafe) tho it is a unique establishment which as said may bring more outside of work hours.

Bring on the chocolate. Maybe next to a cheese shop followed by a wine shop. Yum yum yum.
MissBee

Post by MissBee »

I think it would be a great addition to Sydenham. Needs to be High Street for the footfall I would've thought. Would be good to see more of these individual artisanal shops coming into the High Street, rather than the infernal chicken shops, betting shops, grotty cafes and second hand shops.
Gaddison

Post by Gaddison »

A chocolate shop would be fantastic! Looks like a great enterprise and I see on the Facebook page, people in brockley are already trying to poach!!

I have sent them a message, to really consider coming here, I would encourage others to do so!