Small scale improvements to CP park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dickp

Small scale improvements to CP park

Post by dickp »

Another one for Sydenhamites who use CP park.

There's a small (£2.4 million) pot of cash available for improvements

http://www.bromley.gov.uk/downloads/fil ... ts_booklet

which Bromley Council are now consulting on

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/crystalpalaceimprovements

It's all a bit complicated. You have 20 "points" to allocate your preferences across a number of proposed projects. So, if you think one project is pretty important and others also quite important, but less so, you might give one proposal a score of 10, two other projects four and one proposal two.

And, to complicate matters still further, you are also given the option of suggesting extra options not on the shortlist. For example, my own bugbear is the lack of working toilets near the bowl, which rendering any time spent sun bathing in that area quite short.

Any, the more people respond, the more chance they'll be some kind of consensus regarding spending priorities. So, over to you....
JMLF

Re: Small scale improvements to CP park

Post by JMLF »

Tried the survey and seemed to be selecting my priorities 1, 2, 3 on the first page - unclear if my phone/system or the website with issues... Unfortunately no time at work to work it out/email the council or survey site. Might be worth someone checking of they have the same issues or not first?..
dickp

Post by dickp »

The first page includes three overall thematic priorities (park landscape, built heritage, visitor facilities experience etc) options. You move onto specifics later.

It's like asking - is it most important to save your:
a) arms
b) legs or
c) senses

Tough choices.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Thanks Dick for sharing this.

It's not a particularly well thought through or worded survey!
sarahsyd

Post by sarahsyd »

I have the same issue as you, JMLF.
I try to select my own order of preference under question two and it auto fills instead.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

me too with the autofill - very annoying, as it happens again with a question that has 12 answers.
I'm sure they'll realise the mistake.
dickp

Post by dickp »

I've asked the head of the park users committee to report the problem to Bromley, and will let you know when its fixed. There's also a drop in session on Wednesday afternoon / evening at the Park Rangers' hut in the park 3pm - 8pm, and again on Saturday 11am - 4pm.

Of course, the Wednesday evening session clashes with the Sydenham Assembley event, where we get to grill / generally berate at the powers that be regarding the Greyhound debacle. Just how is a civilically-minded person supposed to decide where to spend this Wednesday evening....?
The Commander

Post by The Commander »

The survey works fine but perhaps not in the way you expected. You just need to rank in order of preference and SurveyMonkey shuffles it into order. Start with your first preference and work your way through the list in order of preference. SurveyMonkey will keep shuffling the list until you have your 1,2,3 or 1,2,3,4 ...12. Not the best worded survey I agree but it's good enough in that it lets me allocate points against projects I would like to see brought forward and includes for OTHER. That's at the heart of the survey. Frankly, the rest of it is all dressing.IMO
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

oh I see - the rank stays in order, but the words on the right change to accomdate what you've chosen.
might have to do mine again.