Moules n frites?!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

Moules n frites?!

Post by JMLF »

Was in the beautiful sydenham wells park last night and noticed a lovely blue vendor van with a little poster on.. Don't know how to do images but:

"A kilo of mussels and frites with a glass of fizz in beautiful sydenham wells park" Book for Friday September 5th at 6pm or 8pm on 0208 378 3077. The van is parked up on the path near the main pond/tennis courts.

Gutted didn't find/spot this earlier (busy Friday grrrr) but haven't heard anything about it and seems like such a lovely idea/venture.
parker

Re: Moules n frites?!

Post by parker »

Bit upmarket for Wells Park isn't it...? Who'd buy that there...
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

I think if it was advertised/market enough then it would be fairly popular (weather permitting!) - when aga's deli took over 161 kirkdale (only a few mins walk from wells park) for their pop-up cafe they had raclette nights on Fridays which always seemed fairly busy..
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Sounds interesting, but that phone number - 0208 378 3077 - isn't valid.

If you have the image, send it over and I'll post it. You have my email
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Et voilà!

The phone number is 0208 378 5077

Sold out for tomorrow, but here's their web site

lapetitebouchee

Post by lapetitebouchee »

I am the owner of La Petite Bouchee, in answer to your question many people have come to beautiful Wells Park and eaten in our little bistro. We were sold out for August and we are 80% booked for September.

We do market extensively. We have just shy of 600 likes on FB https://www.facebook.com/lapetitbouchee ... rue&ref=hl and over 700 followers on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/pettieboucheeHY

People from all over London are discovering how beautiful Wells Park is and here is one such review..

http://georgieporgiepudandpie.wordpress ... ells-park/

No one gets wet apart from me. We have a camp kitchen outside. Our diners are safely ensconced in our beautifully converted HY Van.

Raclette nights ? Yes, there are two. Fruit De Mer one which isn't fully booked on 27th and Moules Frites the next time we can accommodate a party of 4 is October and 20th fro 2 people. You can check out everything we are doing on Edible Experiences who handle all of our bookings. So we can concentrate on the bestest ingredients and the greatest service. Do come !
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Fabulous idea - hope the business goes from strength to strength. It is clearly popular :)
Pally

Post by Pally »

Sounds great. I will be going sometime :)
lapetitebouchee

All of our bookings are handled by Edible Experiences. You can find out more here. http://www.edibleexperiences.com/p/1895 ... te-Bouchee this lists all of our events, times, costings and details of what is happening. If you have any queries regarding anything we are doing please direct them to me at lapetiteboucheecafe@gmail.com , I own it so I am best placed to give you information. No one else !
demeaux

Post by demeaux »

parker wrote:Bit upmarket for Wells Park isn't it...? Who'd buy that there...
Eh?
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Booked! Very much looking forward to it la petite bouche :)
lapetitebouchee

Excellent, I look forward to welcoming you all :)