VIBRANT* HIGH STREET

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Joanne

Re: VIBRANT* HIGH STREET

Post by Joanne »

leenewham wrote:I didn't do the see3 signage. I did the design work for the hubs signage initially, but i didn't do the shops. I never said i did.
Oh okay. What did that cost you?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Joanne. I think the impasse is that you think there should be more pop-ups, but I'm not sure there are that many suitable units.

Bad signage is the bane of Sydenham Road. I'd love to see something done about that. As far as I understand it (and those who know better can correct me), Forest Hill has an advantage with a sympathetic landlord for many of the shop units who is also local and closely tied to the history and heritage of the area.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Rachael wrote:Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Joanne. I think the impasse is that you think there should be more pop-ups, but I'm not sure there are that many suitable units.

Bad signage is the bane of Sydenham Road. I'd love to see something done about that. As far as I understand it (and those who know better can correct me), Forest Hill has an advantage with a sympathetic landlord for many of the shop units who is also local and closely tied to the history and heritage of the area.
I would like to know from Lee how much a sign like the Jill one costs
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

The letters were about 60 pounds (in total) i believe, which were ordered off the peg. volunteers put it up, I'm not sure if there were additional costs.

I'm not responding to any more posts if you continue to use insults joanne.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

leenewham wrote:The letters were about 60 pounds (in total) i believe, which were ordered off the peg. volunteers put it up, I'm not sure if there were additional costs.

I'm not responding to any more posts if you continue to use insults joanne.
Sign Guru thanks (but I thought earlier you said that you had designed it)
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Lee- If you have something to say to me then please discuss it here. I am not going to respond to Direct Messages from you- that's the 2nd this week
Billie

Post by Billie »

I rarely post on here but I feel compelled to. My observations are that Lee's agenda is to get a flow of ideas to start something positive for the area. Joanne's agenda as usual is to tarnish SEE3 because she didn't win that tender years ago. Yawn.
Joanne, I'm so sad you joined the forum again. I'm fed up of seeing your ramblings and I wish people would ignore you and not rise to your bait.
Louise's message makes perfect sense and this was my understanding of the situation. You always bang on about creating a cluster of shops. If the landlord won't participate then that's not possible.
Joanne, I can be certain that you would not have done any better than the SEE3 team because you lack essential personality traits that are needed in influencing stakeholders. Is it really necessary to be aggressive and derogatory towards Lee and others?
You have nothing positive to contribute in my view - you are just bitter and self interested.

Lee - your original post was great. I think something like this would be fun. Perhaps we should just do it and start small. If it works it works!
michael

Post by michael »

Well said Billie.

The reply from Joanne to Louise's post was absolutely disgraceful: "Sorry Louise but you are clueless". As bad in its brevity as the insults and insinuations that Joanne was throwing around when she first appeared on this site (and which she has since deleted). This is a personal attack on somebody who has done a huge amount for Sydenham and is planning to open a shop in the high street.

This is exactly the same as what happened on the previous thread: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... rt4#p96242

Joanne/art4, I suggest you publicly apologise to Louise on this forum.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Michael, an alternative is to give Art4 a free reign to "improve" Sydenham and see what the results are. :D
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Thank you Billie.
Billie

Post by Billie »

I think everyone is empowered to improve Sydenham - Lee has done things without permission from anyone e.g. What If/Billings. Tim has done is with his garden project. Melissa has done so through the Youth Forum.
Joanne could do something but based on past comments she is only interested in peddling myths about SEE3 to get revenge for losing a tender and undermining ideas. For Joanne it seems that there is a 'not invented here' mentality.
I judge people on how they spend their energy - in a positive and productive way or by being negative. We need people who think positively to build momentum. I'm all for giving ideas a go and supporting creative thinking.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

I have risen above a fair few comments on this thread- which question my knowledge and met predictable defences when I have simply challenged the viability of ideas and the stalemate situation that SE26 is currently in.

Also ignored two direct messages from Lee- which are provocative and criticising.

Persevered despite the above

I have with genuine intention to help taken the time to offer ideas and to help action them

It's really no surprise that I eventually got fed up.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Joanne - I think it is really important that people DO raise questions about SEE3 and other projects. There is every chance that some of your criticisms of them are completely valid. But I'm afraid the way you have chosen to respond to counter-arguments here is in danger of tarnishing everything you say, whether valid or not.

For example, your response to Louise's detailed post was to call her 'clueless'. That doesn't refute her argument, it just makes you look bad. Instead, can you tell me which (if any) of the facts she presented are untrue and why? if you can't, or chose not to do so, it makes it difficult to give credence to your arguments.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

I can't do this now but will give it some thought.

If I end up thinking that I'm in the wrong here then I'll try to explain.

One immediate thought which may have influenced this response from me was because Lee was getting on my nerves.

Secondly LB suddenly appeared out of no where on the thread when we'd all been left guessing for months upon months about SEE3 and their plans etc

I will think further

But if I have left Louise feeling uncomfortable then the very least I can do is apologise for that
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am closing this thread.

It has got too personal and that's masking the issues. With respect Joanne, if you are talking directly to Louise and Lee then you should do it by PM and work out your differences. This thread is not the place.

Admin