RebuildTheGreyhound - pub to be rebuilt by April 2015?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
gillyjp

Re: #RebuildTheGreyhound - pub to be rebuilt by April 2015?

Post by gillyjp »

Maybe they meant that they would be on site by April 2015? May as well give them the benefit of the doubt - they're been getting that for years where the Greyhound is concerned. We wouldn't want them to hurry into anything too soon now would we? :wink:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Gilly
Fairly certain they meant completion by April.
Took a long look this morning and could see no sign of building.

Surely with all the bad publicity Purelake are not going to let us down yet again.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Eagle wrote:Gilly
Fairly certain they meant completion by April.
Took a long look this morning and could see no sign of building.

Surely with all the bad publicity Purelake are not going to let us down yet again.
I live directly opposite on the first floor so I have a good view of the site and no one has been there since the scaffolders end of last year (november ish)
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thank you Parker. This is very depressing.

I was all for pulling down as I seriously doubted would ever be rebuilt. Then we had the amazing news would be finished by 1st April.2015.

I know I am no legal expert but cannot understand why they esteemed developer has not been forced to rebuild as matter of priority.

I suppose still possible completed in just over two months , but doubt it.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

A brief update.

There was a site meeting between the owners and Lewisham Building Control last Wednesday. We understand that
Purelake has been asked to make some changes to some of the detailing. They are in the process of doing this and this will be forwarded to Lewisham shortly.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thank you Pam

But from the joy a couple of months ago one would have assumed all had been agreed by then.

Let us hope rebuilt as promised by April 2015.
mosy

Post by mosy »

In these circumstances, it seems reasonable that Purelake could regard the requested amendments as justification for a delay, assuming a delay extension is needed, which history suggests is likely to be. However, it's good to know it is still on the front burner.

Thanks to Pat Trembath for the update.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Are you serious Mosy.

Surely no justification for any further delay.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

After all the delays let's not anyone get it wrong again. More haste, less speed. What's another few weeks for Lewisham to ensure no further breaches of the 2010 planning permission is adhered to?
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Or should I say -

After all the delays let's not anyone get it wrong again. More haste, less speed. What's another few weeks for Lewisham to ensure no further breaches of the 2010 planning permission occur?
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

I hate to be a party pooper but there goes the first deadline! Purelake will be looking for any old excuse to prolong the rebuild. Sorry to be all gloom and doom - I would love to have hope over experience but I'm afraid, for me, experience with this particular venture wins out every time. I hope to be proved wrong.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Even assuming they meant last day of April less than 100 days to the Grand Opening which was promised last year.

Having waited so long it will be good news when the doors open on 30th April 2014.
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Haven't seen any sign of movement on this and I pass by every day sadly. Still an eyesore. What's the betting that it will still be a building site in April? Syd Soc - any news???
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I know I predicted it would never be rebuilt , but in the light of the Councils and Purelakes promise I actually believed it would be completed as promised.

I cannot believe that the powers that be would not honour the agreement to be completed in April 15.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

I have so little faith in this ever happening. It's got to be one of the most depressing sequences of events and brings together two parties - one side who are clearly spineless/incompetent versus another who are totally without grace or empathy.

Astonishing scenes
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have February 4th ringed in my diary for the next report on progress. This has been of the paperwork variety. No idea whether it will include a reconstruction start date but it might be worth waiting to see which way the wind is blowing.

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PROMISED UPDATE FROM THE SYDENHAM SOCIETY

Things are moving forward but more slowly than forecast. Completion may slip to summer. This information comes from the report published today to the Mayor and Cabinet for next week's meeting on Wednesday 11 February: http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... Update.pdf

- Officers requested a structural condition survey and construction method statement to satisfy the legal obligation placed on the applicant by the 2010 planning permission (Schedule 10 of the Section 106 agreement) to restore and refurbish the Greyhound

- The applicant disputed the need for the structural condition survey and construction method statement

- Meetings were held on site with the applicant in both December 2014 and January 2015 to discuss the need for the survey and statement

- The applicant subsequently provided a drawing (on 23 January 2015), but officers advised that it was inadequate

- The applicant has now instructed its architects and engineers to prepare detailed plans for submission by the end of February

In addition:

- A 'Section 96a application', which is designed to vary the 2010 permission (to allow, for example, the larger basement to remain) was submitted in October 2014

- Officers requested additional information which was received on 22 January 2015

- Officers expect to make a decision on the application this week
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Admin

Although I would have thought plenty of time to sort all matters out before giving the date of April 15.

I am not surprised and although hope I am wrong expect the date to be put back again.

Why was the date so firmly announced , if there was a possibility of major delays .
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Sadly, the wheels of local government, together with this reluctant developer, grind ever more slowly.

Quite frankly, we'll believe it when we see it. Patience Eagle! :wink:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

There is nothing remotely funny about the defacement of our high street by a dodgy builder but while we wait , I offer this for amusement only , to be read in middle-period Michael Caine accent .
A very good evening
Nigel
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/1303 ... .jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/130397588 ... 838127363/]/url]