RebuildTheGreyhound - pub to be rebuilt by April 2015?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
FromCtoShiningC

Re: #RebuildTheGreyhound - pub to be rebuilt by April 2015?

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

Hello all.

This thread has gone rather quiet.

Is there any known news re the occupier of the Greyhound? I believe (from previous comments) that there was due to be a review of proposals by end of April, so as to choose an occupier by end of this month (if I have understood correctly).

It would be good to see the Greyhound up and running this side of the autumn. Speaking of autumn, it certainly feels autumnal today with the cold weather :-(
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

You are a trifle optimistic . The headline says rebuilt April 2015 .
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

Autumn 2020? or preferably before doomsday so we can enjoy a drink or two....

;-)

In all seriousness, it would be good to think someone can kit out the place in a few months. Sainsbury's appeared to turn a shell of a building into a fully functioning shop in the blink of an eye! (well, a 5 week blink at any rate)
biscuitman1978

#RebuildTheGreyhound - pub to be rebuilt by April 2015?

Post by biscuitman1978 »

FromCtoShiningC wrote:Is there any known news re the occupier of the Greyhound? I believe (from previous comments) that there was due to be a review of proposals by end of April, so as to choose an occupier by end of this month (if I have understood correctly).
You're right to say that Purelake were using this month, i.e. the remainder of the ACV moratorium period, to assess the viability of the offers they've received, but now that the moratorium has ended it will still take time for a deal to be finalised. Until a deal is finalised, or at least close to being finalised, I don't think we can reasonably expect an announcement on who the occupier will be.

We're getting closer, but please be patient! :)
parker

Post by parker »

Any update on this? Pat Trembath? Someone, anyone? Would the Lewisham Planning page say if there was anything occurring with this?
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

As Biscuitman said on 29 April:

"You're right to say that Purelake were using this month, i.e. the remainder of the ACV moratorium period, to assess the viability of the offers they've received, but now that the moratorium has ended it will still take time for a deal to be finalised. Until a deal is finalised, or at least close to being finalised, I don't think we can reasonably expect an announcement on who the occupier will be.

We're getting closer, but please be patient! :) "

Think how long it takes to complete after making an offer for a property - why should The Greyhound be any different? Future operators will still have to draw up plans for fitting out the building - this may also involve going out for tenders. I could say that Rome wasn't built in a day but someone will only come back and say The Greyhound has taken 7 long years...
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Parker

You must have patience , after all only waited about 20 plus years .( since last a Pub , albeit not a good one ).

Rome not built in a day.
montjuic56

Post by montjuic56 »

There has not been a single coment on the greyhound for nearly a month, updates anybody?
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

We got it rebuilt. NOW WHAT??
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

montjuic56 wrote:There has not been a single coment on the greyhound for nearly a month, updates anybody?
owlwise wrote:We got it rebuilt. NOW WHAT??
As previously advised, the pub is under offer - see here.

But it will take time for all the paperwork to be finalised, for contracts to be exchanged and the sale to complete.

Don't forget that this building was, following its unauthorised demolition, the subject of legal action and that it then had to be rebuilt. With that in mind, if I was buying or selling I'd want every i dotted and every t crossed!

Please be patient.
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

Well Acorn should put 'Under Offer' on their board if that's the case.
biscuitman1978

#RebuildTheGreyhound - pub to be rebuilt by April 2015?

Post by biscuitman1978 »

owlwise wrote:Well Acorn should put 'Under Offer' on their board if that's the case.
You might like to give them a call and ask them to do so.
parker

Post by parker »

Hopefully this becomes something worth waiting for. Surely at £750k it's a steal, I wonder who's going to move in... :?
Whiftoff

Post by Whiftoff »

What will happen first, the opening of the Greyhound or the triggering of Article 50??
mosy

Post by mosy »

Tee hee. I like your thinking. I'd go with The Greyhound, but I usually lose bets like this :lol:
clembot

Post by clembot »

It's looking more run down every time I pass it. What a mess.
aunty

Post by aunty »

Is there any further news as to what is happening? The last update was in April.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Last Saturday's Sydenham Assembly provided a written update from our local councillors " The Greyhound Public House has now been sold on and we await details of when the transaction will be complete. Unfortunately we are uncertain when the pub will be operational but we have asked the planning department to seek clarification on the relevant timescales."

This more or less confirms what the Sydenham Society knows about the situation.

Meanwhile the second retail unit on site will shortly be fitting out - electricity is now connected - and Kinleigh, Folkard and Heyward are confirmed as the occupants.
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Pat Trembath wrote:Last Saturday's Sydenham Assembly provided a written update from our local councillors " The Greyhound Public House has now been sold on and we await details of when the transaction will be complete. Unfortunately we are uncertain when the pub will be operational but we have asked the planning department to seek clarification on the relevant timescales."

This more or less confirms what the Sydenham Society knows about the situation.

Meanwhile the second retail unit on site will shortly be fitting out - electricity is now connected - and Kinleigh, Folkard and Heyward are confirmed as the occupants.
Thanks Pat.... However, another estate agent? Sigh.

And when will we find out who has bought the pub?

Sue
stuart

Post by stuart »

Pat Trembath wrote:Meanwhile the second retail unit on site will shortly be fitting out - electricity is now connected - and Kinleigh, Folkard and Heyward are confirmed as the occupants.
Thanks Pat.

Do you know anything about the Bridal shop opposite? There is a 'moving' sign on the window. Is there another occupant lined up - or could we suggest the co-op took a look - and i guess Nisa and/or CAB might appreciate a buy-out if they needed more space.

Handy for us!

Stuart