Sydenham Sorting office closing

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
davegr

Sydenham Sorting office closing

Post by davegr »

Apparently the Sydenham Sorting Office will be closing, maybe as soon as October. Sydenham residents will have to treck over to Forest Hill to collect items now. Will this cost cutting never end? I just spent 30 minutes in the Sydenham Road post office because of staff reductions. :evil:

Apparently the Sorting Office building has already been sold to....yes....property developers.
sophie

Post by sophie »

I wondered about that as I'd seen For Sale signs. It's such a shame. I've always liked the fact that it was there and the staff have always been really friendly and helpful - things like at Christmas, taking my cards for posting when they're shut!
davegr

Post by davegr »

Totally agree. Nice people. Very helpful. A great loss.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Ah, God bless those property developers. Fingers on the pulse, unselfish as ever, with another scheme to benefit everyone.
Still, if a deli or coffee shop were included in the plans that would more than compensate.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

They are always really nice, happy and helpful in that sorting office. I am sad its closing. :cry: