RUBBISH ON SYDENHAM HIGH ROAD

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
GLOBAL THINKER

RUBBISH ON SYDENHAM HIGH ROAD

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Once again Sydenham seems to be the land that Lewisham Council have forgotten. Walking to the station this morning I was disappointed to see piles of rubbish awaiting collection, not only does it look unsightly I am sure it presents a health hazard (trip factor, germs etc). Surely it is down to the shopkeepers and residents in the flats above to ensure their rubbish is properly contained and if they are not what is Lewisham Council doing about curbing their behaviour? As a resident surely I am entitled to clean safe streets??
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Agreed, Gobal Thinker! The whole area from Cobbs Corner to the Station is rubbish strewn.

Have you noticed how many new flats there are in this area?

Above the DIY, Kirkdale Bookshop, Payless parade used to be offices -these are now flats. The flats in Station Approach used to be dance studios and furniture removal stores. There are new flats proposed above the Regent Club in Spring Hill between the Greyhound and Cobbs building.

There is no recycling facility in this area. Lewisham's Planning Dept seem to forget to insist on adequate bin stores when applications for a change of use is received.

Sydenham Society continues to bring this sad state of affairs to council attention
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

What about approaching Lewisham Council from a health and safety / environmental point of view?