CALABASH OF FANTASTIC FOOD

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

CALABASH OF FANTASTIC FOOD

Post by leenewham »

I made my first venture into the Calabash of Culture today, partly to find out who did their lovely roller shutter that looks really good.

I had a vegan pie with, well, to be honest, I'm not sure, but it was all amazing. Really tasty food.

I admit in the past I didn't venture in as I thought of it as a sideline to the main business, but it's a real hidden gem. The food is EXCELLENT. I'd definitely go back, although I can't help but wonder if they should focus on the cafe side of things a bit more because it's so good, It feels a bit hidden at the back of the shop.

Anyway, lovely people, service and fantastic food and the mix of stuff is really interesting. They have an infectious passion for what they do.

There are some really exciting places opening. I just got back from West Norwood that is also has some quite funky places to eat.

High streets are changing. If Calabash and others are the way forward, viva la revolution!