Carlton Terrace to be demolished?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
KM

Carlton Terrace to be demolished?

Post by KM »

I understand that the maisonettes in Carlton Terrace (off Sydenham Park, by St Bart's School) are going to be demolished by London and Quadrant. Some flats are already vacant and bordered up, and I imagine many tenants have to be rehoused.
Does anyone know anymore detail? I hear the plans include houses and blocks of flats.
I'm interested as I directly back onto the maisonettes and don't know for sure yet what the future plans are. As far as I know no planning permission is advertised and we haven't been consulted. How can I find out more and make sure other local residents are included in consultation?
Plus vandals/squatters have tried breaking into one of the vacant flats.
Thanks
Kate
Sydenham

Re: Carlton Terrace to be demolished?

Post by Sydenham »

Hi - what about asking councillors, as these properties are council houses, for further information - or at least where to find out? I have heard the same as you as far as demolition is concerned as an acquaintance is being 'evicted'. Residents are not being guaranteed similar accommodation in Lewisham.

The existing homes are to be replaced by shared ownership accommodation.

I can't provide more detailed information - and please check my 'facts' first. Councillors details can be found at web address below:

http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... &WID=12890
KM

Post by KM »

Thanks for this info. I feel sorry for those having to be evicted, they were such lovely homes, spacious, not the tiny boxes built nowadays.
I am hoping someone on Carlton Terrace will post here too.
Maria

Post by Maria »

One of our daughters has been looking for a HA property for years. Now with two kids and a rat infestation in their rented house (they've moved here temporarily while the council deals with the ghastly problem), this has become absolutely urgent. She is registered with all HAs in London but has not heard anything about these in Carlton Terrace; London and Quadrant have a fantastic reputation for high quality work.

Does anybody know anything about this development at all? (I have tried to contact and email but no success). Many thanks