SYDENHAM DOESN'T SMILE…

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

SYDENHAM DOESN'T SMILE…

Post by leenewham »

Tim Lund

Re: SYDENHAM DOESN'T SMILE…

Post by Tim Lund »

Lee - that's really interesting.

It looks as if they combine surveys of behaviour on the street

with these two sources of local online data
We’ve also used the Zoopla API to pull in average house prices by area and, Sentiment140 for the live Twitter analysis — thank you.
It should be possible to do an analysis of variation on the calculations behind this to see the relative importance of these three input data sets. I'd also be interested to know how much the automated tweets from this Forum contribute to the Sentiment140 data for SE26.
P1971

Post by P1971 »

Hi guys

I loved this :-)

Just get a smiley face on your chalk board, I always do.

Every day's a fun day as far as I'm concerned.

Happy weekend to all.

Pauline :-)
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Well give me Sydenham over Penge any day of the week and Penge was my home town for the first 14 years of my life. As far as I'm concerned Sydenham does smile - I have lived here for 40+ years and would be very sad to move even though we have had some issues over the years. Sydenham is definitely on the up and I'm very happy to live here. As soon as you come over Sydenham HIll and down the hill you get the feeling of leaving inner London behind and entering a nice, leafy little suburb.
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

I like Sydenham but basing an opinion on Penge from 40 years ago is hardly likely to be a good representation of Penge in 2015. I've lived in SE20 for 19 years and it's improved so much in the last 4 or 5. Brilliant community vibe and finally quite a few really nice pubs, cafes and even restaurants to gather in.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'd agree with you about Penge.