Forum Folk LIVE!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Forum Folk LIVE!

Post by admin »

New member Leenewham in the demo thread was asking about 'live' meetings of Forum members.

As we shall soon, hopefully, have at least three* great Sydenham venues (Dolphin/Blue Mountain/newZucker) we could make this a regular weekly jaunt on a rotating basis. What say you?

* Anyone for adding the Prince Alfred?
** We could add a reading subgroup too.

Admin
Last edited by admin on 4 Nov 2007 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I think this is an excellent idea...and a great way to support new business in the area..perhaps after a meeting we could give a feedback on each place in the forum.
poppy

Folk meeting

Post by poppy »

Where is the Prince Alfred?
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

I'm surprised at the slow take-up of Admin's suggestion.

I'm happy to have a meet up. The last time (the third in about as many years) was shortly after the re-opening of the Dolphin, if I remember correctly. Not at all sure I could make a weekly event, but if I'm free on the date picked by Admin I'd willingly come along.

The Dolphin and the Prince Alfred (corner of Sydenham Road/Kent House Road, Poppy) are both open now, Blue Mountain is expected to be open on 27 October and Zucker looks like it is due to open shortly.

So, Admin, over to you - throw out a few possible dates.....
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm sure enough people will turn up if a date/time/location is suggested. Perhaps a few people were put off by Paddy Pantsdown's assertion that:

"Meet-ups? It has been some time since the last in the Dolphin. I'm sure if you suggest a time and a date and offer the first round the usual suspects will rapidly appear out of the nicely insulated woodwork".

No-one likes to be thought of as one of the "usual suspects" do they!

I've been looking at the The East Dulwich Forum of late, including comments made about Sydenham (largely favourable if you're interested) and they have organised some seemingly well-attended forum drinks meetings so I reckon that doing something here would be good. [/quote]
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Mr Savvy and I will come along if we're here. We're away 14th - 30th October. Don't arrange it around us though! Go ahead if you'd like it sooner.

Savvy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can I had an indication of the best night of the week. That is Monday to Thursday. Also 8pm? earlier/later?

Admin
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Monday nights suits me - 8 pm or later
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

After some offline discussion I have fixed the fourth annual FORUM LIVE!

NEXT TUESDAY 16th OCTOBER
7.30pm (onwards) at the Dolphin
** Look for the table with a pink FT **

There is free WiFi there so anybody who can't make it can still join in by posting. That's if we don't get any beer over the keyboard.

BTW I am having problems accessing the Forum this morning. The server is OK so it looks like a network issue somewhere between here and Texas.

Admin
dickp

Post by dickp »

The other online forum I take part in regularly organise social events. I confess I've never been to one because I'm a bit scared!

But what the hell, it's local and I'm not doing anything on Tuesday night. I'm in. Unless I chicken out at the last minute, of course.

Now to explain to my flatmate that I'm going out for a social drink with some people I've never met before..... :shock:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dickp wrote:The other online forum I take part in regularly organise social events. I confess I've never been to one because I'm a bit scared!
At least you can hang around and check us out before making yourself known. Never thought it as like computer dating. I shall start grooming right away ;-)

Admin
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm going to splash on the Hi Karate and hopefully pop along tonight.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

hope to see you later this evening - I'm running a few minutes late.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Wasn't able to make this one but maybe next time!
I have been a resident of Sydenham for about a year and a half now and much as I love the Dolphin I wouldn't mind checking out the Red Lion if there's any interest?
Dutch Cow

Post by Dutch Cow »

Red Lion ? which one is that ?
Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

Admin missed out the GOLDEN Lion as a possible venue - maybe it should be added to the rota? Btw - a most enjoyable evening, last evening at the Dolphin.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hi, I had a good time last night, and thanks for the excellent food! Can't wait to actually be a Sydenham Society member (once the house purchase goes through!) See you all in the future.

Lee
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Er, yeah - thanks Muddy Waters –  I meant the GOLDEN lion, of course.
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

I'm sorry I missed this. We're in the newborn months in our house at the moment, and are only just starting to get our evenings back. Very keen on the next one, though!