75 and 194 buses on diversion

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

75 and 194 buses on diversion

Post by alywin »

Up through Penge High Street and down Lawrie Park Road and back onto normal route at Sydenham station, due to a water leak on Newlands Park between Homecroft and Tredown. Should be back to normal by tomorrow morning in time for the rush hour.
alywin

Re: 75 and 194 buses on diversion

Post by alywin »

And once again, Thames Water work on Parish Lane (I think) means that the 75 and 194 are cutting out the route from the Newlands Park junction round to Penge. Diversion in place until the work is completed - whatever that may mean.
alywin

Post by alywin »

What a mess. The TFL website claims that the buses are diverting via Kent House Road, but in reality they are going round Lawrie Park Road as usual. And I walked down Parish Lane early this afternoon and couldn't see any signs of water works going on, so I don't know what's happening. Buses are still on diversion, though.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Add to the mess that the bus app on mobile was showing Zero buses on both routes in sydenham so my mate ended up getting an uber home thinking the buses were not running at all.... what a total F*k up.
alywin

Post by alywin »

It's very poor, isn't it? There are no hoods or whatever you call them on the bus stops either, so you really have to look closely to realise that the buses have been diverted.

If anyone's driving down Parish Lane, do report back on what, if anything, is happening.
alywin

Post by alywin »

alywin wrote: 31 Jan 2020 22:28And I walked down Parish Lane early this afternoon and couldn't see any signs of water works going on, so I don't know what's happening. Buses are still on diversion, though.
Duh! I must have been taking the shortcut through the alley by the railway all this week. The works are virtually at the junction of Parish Lane and Newlands Park (if it still is Newlands Park and not Lennard Road at that point): that annoying and repetitive seepage incident which you hear the buses sloshing through, and which Thames Water have already attempted to repair on several occasions in the past year. That explains why I hadn't noticed it. Let's hope these works do solve the problem.
alywin

Post by alywin »

And lo and behold, no sooner are the buses back again than there's another diversion through Penge, for the 363, 122 and 202, I think it was. Does that make sense? Must be quite some diversion.
alywin

Post by alywin »

And the ongoing saga - is it still the same leak? A trench dug across the entire width of Parish Lane almost at the junction with Lennard Road. I'm told work won't be finished until after the weekend, so the buses are on the usual diversion via Lawrie Park.
perryman

Post by perryman »

The 75 is also on diversion around mayow road via perry rise due to a traffic incident.
No details have been released yet, but something major happened going by the number of emergency vehicles and helicopters.