Recent accident at Sydenham Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Falkor

Recent accident at Sydenham Hill

Post by Falkor »

Don't think this has been discussed here, otherwise I apologise and would appreciate a link to the thread.

I was passing through Sydenham Hill earlier this afternoon and noticed flowers, Christian decorations, a bench, and a photo of somebody presumably killed in car accident along here, at the bend nearest to the Dulwich Wood House; the fence here, on one side of Beltwood's property, appeared quite badly damaged--evidence of a collision.

Anyone have anymore details about this? I realise it's a sensitive issue; I would just like to find out what exactly happened and when it happened. Was it a pedestrian, driver, or passenger killed? Drink driving perhaps?
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Hi Falkor

I know that tragically the accident was fatal because they had a yellow board up asking for witnesses a while back, other than that I have no idea and was a bit curious myself. It happened in the middle of the night apparently.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Not "middle of the night" - 06:25 Saturday morning according to the yellow police notice board
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

The accident was a couple of months ago and the crash was loud enough to wake us a couple of streets away.

A real shrine has grown up in the grounds of Beltwood House including a number of statues, pictures and the park bench.

I was informed that the victim was a member of the travelling community. The shrine is clearly visited often as there is usually a candle or two burning.