Lack of post in Sydenham?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
vizzle

Lack of post in Sydenham?

Post by vizzle »

I haven't had any post for 6 days - anyone else having problems? We're on Sydenham Park
Robin Orton

Re: Lack of post in Sydenham?

Post by Robin Orton »

We're in SE26 4. A large delivery of post has just arrived, including a magazine which normally comes on Friday. I spoke to the postman who said his walk also covered Sydenham Park. They are having problems covering holiday leave, but he assured me that everything will be delivered eventually (!)

I thought we were having some problems with parcels last week (in fact, I don't think we were ) and a cheque book which had been posted to me arrived too late. I tried in vain a telephone number or website to find out whether there were any issues in SE26. http://www.royalmail.com/service-update/london gives no indication of any local problems. A rather frustrating lack of information.
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

I suspect the poor postman needs a break after the amount of marketing crap he has to deliver from Virgin Media to the Estate Agents....
Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

I have put in several complaints to the Forest Hill sorting office over the last month and was told that they had made changes to the rounds in SE26.
For example, I've had 'signed for' card left, arrived the next day at sorting office to collect it, only to be told they didn't have it, nor did they know where it might be. I caught the postman, one of 3 young lads that now cover Collingtree the following day and he handed it to me. When I questioned why he had it and not the sorting office, he replied he'd taken it home due to time!!!!
I've had letters from Lewisham hospital arrive after my appointment was due so I didn't know about it, and 2 letters I posted myself to test are yet to arrive. They were posted last Monday and Friday 1st class. And don't start me on small parcels. I've had 3 out of 7 ordered in the last month arrive.....eventually.
The sorting office staff said both they and the posties, are not happy about the changes, but unless more people complain they won't do anything about it.
vizzle

Post by vizzle »

A really nice postie turned up with everything that was missing from the last few days at around 11.30. He was very apologetic!
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

I've also not been receiving post regularly. None again today. Made an enquiry via Royal Mail but no joy.