Sydenham hill closed

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Bunny

Sydenham hill closed

Post by Bunny »

Does anyone know why sydenham hill is
Closed all the way along by police.
snewton

Re: Sydenham hill closed

Post by snewton »

Just had a look, it's closed off at cox's walk because of a body found in the woods itself.. Right outside where I live aswell!
Lois

Post by Lois »

OMG Another one!
Lois

Post by Lois »

sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

News seems to be thin on the ground about this incident. Can anyone update as I live very close to the woods
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are right. This is the latest I can find:
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/arti ... ot%20wound

It could be homicide or suicide. Maybe the police are not sure yet. There are some curious factors as reported but speculation is to be avoided here please.

Admin
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I hope this doesn't count as speculation, but I'm told that the word amongst the Sydenham Hill Woods dog-walking fraternity is that the weapon was actually found quite a long way from the body.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I'm now told I was wrong about this. There is apparently a spontaneous 'shrine' to the dead person in the little semi-circular area opening off Sydenham Hill to the left of the entrance to Cox's Walk, with some messages that appear to come from Muslims.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I visited the 'shrine' today. It appears the dead man was Sherome Blair - a Google search will tell you about someone of that name. There were messages from, amongst others, his children.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Googling Sherome Blair is not for the fainthearted. It took me back to an earlier London. Violence still exists but not quite as blatantly on show.

If the shrine is in memory of who I read about then may he finally rest in peace.
sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

I went online yesterday to find out about the victim after visiting the shrine myself. I agree, not for the
faint-hearted. Living that lifestyle I suppose its not surprising he met a violent end - I wonder how long he had been lying there? I crossed the road by the crossing right next to that spot just 2 hours before the body was found.
sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

Any update on this shooting? Everything seems to have gone very quiet
Autumn

Post by Autumn »

How shocking, I've been away for a few months, but have been updated about this incident by my wife whilst away. So I visited the shrine last night for myself & find it very bizarre. I do hope the family/friends get answers soon as it appears they are now seeking information from us locals to help solve he's death as I saw a poster which was seeking information (not your usual). Which is only right as I have not seen any police boards appealing for witnesses. From reading comments and searching the mans name, it does appear that he had a bit of a past. But who are we to judge. God Rest His Soul.