Thames Water - destroying our new pavements

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Re: Thames Water - destroying our new pavements

Post by mosy »

Yes, AnnaDanishek, I too sang Riney's praises re the loo at the time plus their work generally.

However, I think (anyone feel to correct me if wrong) that Riney was given a contract only for renewing (not maintaining) the high street, whereas Lewisham's jobbing contractor for miscellaneous works is Connaught who probably doesn't have spare bricks and paviours as used by Riney. However, that doesn't excuse Lewisham from seemingly being satisfied with dreadful botch jobs done by utilities contractors.

PS: Welcome to the board.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

biscuitman1978 wrote:Thames Water phoned me on 27/04/16 to tell me that my complaint about the poor repair to the lay-by outside Kente ... has been 'escalated'. They have promised an update as soon as possible.

I will give them a few days before I make a formal complaint to the Consumer Council for Water.
Nothing further from Thames Water, so I've made a formal complaint to the Consumer Council for Water.

Postscript: Cllr Onikosi has subsequently told me that she has been in touch with Thames Water and they have agreed to return to site to make a proper repair. My thanks to Cllr Onikosi. Let's see whether Thames Water do as they've promised. For now, my complaint to the Consumer Council for Water still stands.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

biscuitman1978 wrote:
biscuitman1978 wrote:Thames Water phoned me on 27/04/16 to tell me that my complaint about the poor repair to the lay-by outside Kente ... has been 'escalated'. They have promised an update as soon as possible.

I will give them a few days before I make a formal complaint to the Consumer Council for Water.
Nothing further from Thames Water, so I've made a formal complaint to the Consumer Council for Water.

Postscript: Cllr Onikosi has subsequently told me that she has been in touch with Thames Water and they have agreed to return to site to make a proper repair. My thanks to Cllr Onikosi. Let's see whether Thames Water do as they've promised. For now, my complaint to the Consumer Council for Water still stands.
My complaint has now reached the upper echelons of the Thames Water complaints department. I'm told that a proper repair is planned this weekend (21/22 May) or, if the person dealing with my complaint has her way, before then. Time will tell.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Sorted!

rustya

Re: Thames Water - destroying our new pavements

Post by rustya »

well done!